A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP ME WITH A PRELOADER? please

I am trying 2 make a preloader that loads up external swf's as well as the main swf its in.. can some 1 help me?

Banned
    May I ask what's the point in doing this?
    Normal preloaders ignore loadMovie actions, and are used to precisely cut down on preloading time, which won't happen if you also preload a bunch of external movies, before the main movie starts playing.
    If you still insist in doing this, one way of doing it, is to have a main preloader (in the main movie), that interacts with other preloaders in each of the to be loaded movies. Basicly, your main preloader starts loading the first external movie. This external movie's preloader then does it's job but rather than playing the movie when it's downloaded, handles back control to the main movie's preloader, moving it to the next frame, where another movie can be preloaded in the same fashion. Once all the external movies have been preloaded, than the main preloader, directs the main movie to preload and play.
    This implies that you have the .flas to all the to be loaded movies, as you must add and correctly script the preloaders within them.

HELP

well what i'm trying to do is "while the first swf loads up & starts 2 play in the background i want the other swf files i have that make the site 2 load up"??

Banned
    Well then, simply have a preloader on your main movie, preload the main movie, and as soon as this main movie starts playing, load the other movies in the background with a loadMovie action on the first frame. But depending on size and connection speed, those movies may take some time to be accessible. They should also have a blank keyframe as their starting frame with a stop action on it, so that they are not visible until you so decide, if and only they're then completely downloaded.