A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trouble Displaying on web

I have made a movie and uploaded it to the web but it will never load. Does the server I uploaded to have to support flash or what I need some advice. The site is

http://www.caprockoutfitters.com/flash/uro.html

Server: Is a Local Host

Banned
    You sure uro.swf is uploaded in your flash folder?

Yes. You ca tell the some of it loads I just can't see it. If you right click it is there and if I change the bgcolor it is there but it is not playing.

Banned
    The player is embedded (your right-click), but that doesn't mean the .swf is there or in the right folder. If you email me your .swf at oldnewbie@hotmail.com, I could test it on my server!

I've seen this happen a couple of times with MX. Go install the player again from the MacroMedia site.

Banned
    How would that affect me seeing it or not? Are you saying I'd have to re-download the player as well? I don't have any other sites not displaying swfs... SO?

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    I have had the same kind of problem when loading the Flash MX files using Flash Player 6 on older browsers and on MAC?AOL combinations. The problem clears up if I export my MX file in Flash 5 format. I have the theory that the Macromedia players or MX is not bug free. I also find the problem occurs more when the main movie calls other swf's.