dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: activate/deactivate buttons

hello all

Ill situate short my problem:

two swfs are loaded in a mainmovie

the first swf is a large one (with pictures and a preloader)
    the second is a small one (only buttons placed in mcs which are moving)

What I want in the 2nd swf, is that the buttons in these mcs are deactivated when the first swf isnt loaded completely. And are activated when the movie is loaded complete. At the moment the buttons are always activated.

some (examples you can find on the site: 1. previews(little images)/navigation(buttons) or 2.works(large images)/buttons under the large images)

Can someone give me some tips to solve my problem?

a couple of thoughts,
    you could have the command to load swf 2 in the first swf just after its prelaoder, so you know 2 cant be active before 1 loads. Loading in sequence should not make a difference to download time.
    Or have a frame with buttons that do nothing in the number 2 swf then have swf 1 send swf 2 to a frame with active buttons once it has loaded
    mark

You say the big movie is preloaded, so in that case could you set a variable done = ""; in the second swf and in the fisrt swf once it's done preloading set _root.holder.done = "okay";
    (assuming the second swf is loaded in a movieclip with the name holder).

Now you can test the value of done in the second movie, you could keep the second swf in a frame loop checking the done variable where the buttons aren't visible and once done == "okay" you could advance the timeline to a frame where the buttons can be used.

thanks for all your advice