dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen Liz, exsclusive pics of the jubilee tour

Well, the Queen (gawd bless her) was in my home town of Falmouth today on the first day of her jubilee tour.

She even drove past my house so I took some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Using my canon Digital Ixus I put it in Multi shot mode so I have a few shots of the car apporaching but then the buffer lag kicked in and this is the best poic I have of her and you can't even see her!!!

Also, I had the screen turned off so I didn't notice it was in blakc and white.

Frankly I am ashamed of my abysmal photography performance.
    Here they are then, taken less than 10 mins ago

you get to see the driver...
    and i think i can make out her hat

I hate the monarchy. They do no good for the UK and wish they would all move away, somewhere very far. I'm going to be at an anti-royal demonstration in June. Watch this space

I can't get that worked up over the monarchy to hate them.

They serve a purpose in that they generate tourism and give the east enders the opportunity to wear their pealy costumes when one of their member snuffs it.

Tourists come to the UK to see Buckingham Palace, not to have tea with the Queen. Prince Philip though, I think he maybe should stay, just him, change his title to Funny Phil becuase the guy's a joke. The monarchy serves no purpose in my eyes, and why should they be any better than anyone else. I thought that the UK was a democratic society and the day that there's a vote on whether the monarchy should stay will be very interesting.

Originally posted by gecko2
    Tourists come to the UK to see Buckingham Palace, not to have tea with the Queen. Prince Philip though, I think he maybe should stay, just him, change his title to Funny Phil becuase the guy's a joke. The monarchy serves no purpose in my eyes, and why should they be any better than anyone else. I thought that the UK was a democratic society and the day that there's a vote on whether the monarchy should stay will be very interesting.
    I can't work out whether Phil the Greek is incredibly ignorant or has a very dry sense of humour.

regarding the poll I think it would be inteteresting and I think you would be very dissapointed.

well now the old dear has croaked it the royals have had a rise in popularity.

I have no problem with the royals, days like today really do bring the nation today and they do do a lot of work for charity.

My problem with the blue blooded types is that there are so many of them that we pay for. The civil list (the list of minor royals who receive money from the state for being "posh") should definately be reduced.

I don't think our mate Phill is stupid or humourous, hes just a pillock who having been brought up in the environment he has doesn't seem to realise that political correctness exists.

Phil is the best thing about the Royal family
    Charles has his moments too

the fact that they are all german bothers me somewhat

Originally posted by swampy

I can't work out whether Phil the Greek is incredibly ignorant or has a very dry sense of humour.

Philip is as Greek as I am !!

I have to give it to the Greeks though - they had a referendum in the early 70s and they said no to the royal (of German origin) family that ruled the country till then and they never looked back since !

a

But before any possible union could be considered, there were two pressing issues to be addressed. The first concerned Philip’s nationality. Although he had been born Prince of Greece and Denmark, he was effectively a prince with neither home nor throne. Even though a Greek plebiscite of September 1946 had served to restore its beleaguered Monarchy, Palace advisers acknowledged that Philip’s best chance of marriage to Elizabeth lay in becoming a naturalised Briton. The case for his naturalisation was further supported by the fact that the Navy was unwilling to extend him a peace-time commission unless he became a British subject. With the intervention and ceaseless labours of his uncle, Lord Mountbatten, this first problem was quickly overcome, and, on March 18, 1947, Philip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksberg, renounced his Greek Royal titles and became Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, a naturalised Briton.
    born Greek, nationalised as a Briton in 1947.

Philip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksberg, renounced his Greek Royal titles and became Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, a naturalised Briton.
    ^^ dont mind me saying so (i was born in Greece and i happen to speak the language , both my parents are foreigners) but that name isnt very Greek swampy

The so -called Greek royal family originates from Germany , Philip was born in that family that moved to Greece many many years ago to rule after Greece was liberated

The Greeks never wanted them and they said that clearly when they were given a chance 20 yrs ago !

a

Originally posted by defuzz

My problem with the blue blooded types is that there are so many of them that we pay for. The civil list (the list of minor royals who receive money from the state for being "posh") should definately be reduced.
    this is such an old argument, i couldn't really give a hoot about the royals either but the fact is that they cost the tax payer nothing, that 'we' pay for them has always been a falsehood but anti-royalists keep pounding away at it.. The civil list is received by the royal family in lieu of the income they surrender to the treasury from their land holdings and investments.

they give far more than they receive.

asi said i'm not a pro-royalist, i think they're good for tourism, but that's about it. I just like to get facts straight

there's a million threads about all this ifsomeone really wants to dredge it up again

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Let us not forget the example and leadership they showed during the battle of britain.

of course that was a long time ago.

Originally posted by Aria

^^ dont mind me saying so (i was born in Greece and i happen to speak the language , both my parents are foreigners) but that name isnt very Greek swampy

The so -called Greek royal family originates from Germany , Philip was born in that family that moved to Greece many many years ago to rule after Greece was liberated

The Greeks never wanted them and they said that clearly when they were given a chance 20 yrs ago !

a

Aria, I know you were born in Greece and what I said was in no way intended to offend.

The point I was trying to make was that Philip wasn't born English (be he Greek or German), the royal family on Elizabeths side are all German (changed their name to windsor).

It amuses me that our royal family are not British by descent.

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    Let us not forget the example and leadership they showed during the battle of britain.

of course that was a long time ago.
    by doing waht ? legging it to windsor every evening and then visiting the East end in the morning ?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    They stayed put amongst the dropping bombs. It greatly helped boost moral.

however like I said that was a long time ago. A different royal family.

unfortunately that is somewhat of a myth. Most nights were spent in windsor castle some way from London.

Originally posted by Aria

a

Aria, I know you were born in Greece and what I said was in no way intended to offend.

The point I was trying to make was that Philip wasn't born English (be he Greek or German), the royal family on Elizabeths side are all German (changed their name to windsor).

It amuses me that our royal family are not British by descent.
    no offence taken !

Its cos i was born in the country to parents who are not Greek that i said Philip is as Greek as I am

It amuses me as well how royals, throughout the centuries seemed able to bend the rules (renouncing titles to acquire new and better ones,or changing nationalities ) as long as it serves their interests

a

Originally posted by aversion
    there's a million threads about all this ifsomeone really wants to dredge it up again
    I once had an argument with another mod about this (no names mentioned). So what if a subject has been discussed before? A lot of subjects have, does it mean it should not be discussed because you have seen it? Most mods here have been here just about since the beginning so have seen a lot of threads on different topics, newcomers maybe haven't. Why not close the thread, better still delete it because you have heard it before.