dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Font Blurry! Major problem. Speed problem

Hi,

The font style I am using is very blurry once I export my file. The font is crisp at a very high resolution such as 1600x1200 but is very blurry at 1024x768. I have tried changing x and y's from 123.5 to 123 and the problem is still present. The font is readable if the file is set for 100% in the browser but is blurry if it is below 100% or is set to match the movie size. Any suggestions?
    below is an example link so you can see what is happening.

http://209.248.160.120/who.html

I am also facing an issue with the speed of the site.
    It runs well on the local server but is slow if viewed externally. Should I just increase the fps? thank you for any help.

The reason why your text looks unclear is cause you use a font that is only good for print. On a screen, such a font looks always blurry (except the corps is large enough)
    For crispy text it's better to use a pixelfont.

no, if you plan to have a movie scale to a users window its a really BAD idea to use pixelfonts as they will look blurry.

Your text is definitely too unreadable at 800x600. I suggest you try a different font.

Try a sans-serif, such as Verdana or Trebuchet for your main copy text, and maybe set it at a point more than you're using now. That should help a bit. Otherwise you can try using a standard device font

yes, a good remark kemie.
    But I still suggest to use a pixelfont, but then of course not in combination with a moviescaling.