A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 15 yr old's site what do you think?

Smile

http://www.vortexonline.vze.com

actual url: http://www.satlink.com.au/~johnm/vortex/

This site needs some peer feedback, i think that it is pretty much done ( xept for some typos ) and also three links under video, 3d and web launching examples are still under development. Other than that, what do you think??
    Thanks in advance

not bad, some of the links dont work!

check this out for a 13 year old

http://vronline.d2g.com

cheers

Not too sure myself...

I'm not too sure about it myself - it seems as though every page is exactly the same - but with a different image. It just seems like you know whats coming next - like a web template

No offence intended

well, it seems as though my website sucked

:(

Just remember that my opinion is one of infinitely many. The geezer before me said that it was quite good. Don't lose any confidence over what I said m8. Just one person's opinion doesn't matter at all.

I don’t mind the continuity of design. I’m undecided whether web design companies should have really ‘wow ‘em’ kind of sites or nice simple and easy to use ones (which this does very well ). I’m not sure about the bar down the bottom, but I don’t know why, so leave it.

Peace
    Shan
    (Avoid age it's not an excuse and you don't need one, an excuse that is... do I make any sense?)

it's seems snotty if you post someting like, "i'm 15, lok @ my site!"

oh well.....

well everything everyones already said, and corrisponding is spellt corresponding, looks better if youre a corporate compnay to get your spelling right

you forgot a "[" in your footer @ the end

Ryan Kallok: Kallok Studios kallok's Avatar
    lol nice footer.....well I think the site could use some improvements.But hey your just starting out.I should be like "I am a webdesigner that is 16,visit kallokstudios.tk!!!"

Smile

gee guys, i am really happy with the response you gave, me, and also i do appreciate the feedback being good and bad,
    THanks
    if you wanna see some of my flash work, then click here
    http://www.satlink.com.au/~johnm/ibizenterprises

not bad.

Your site is very very very good. The only problem I have with it is the following: it is an HTML site being posted on a Flash forum.

Other than that, it rocks. You see, I agee with you, corporate sites are not meant to wow, unless you are a design corporation (possibly an ad corp, or movie corp, but you get my point). Currently there are WAY too many people dog-paddling around the internet instead of surfing it. I would love to say that all corporate sites need to be 32 flavors of fun, but they can't be. Too many people would get confused. If you wanta' make your own personal site crazy sexy cool, then go right on ahead, and if you would like to put some wowwy zowwy type stuff in a corporate site that's cool too, but it needs to be kept simple for now. When it gets so complex that it is foreign, people don't know what to do.

You did nice solid graphic work, and the layout is so simple my grandma could follow it (which is saying a lot). Clients should be happy with work like this.

rush!
    http://www.mirage-studios.com

its very good for your age it looks like a lot of thought and time went into it. I would be verry proud to have accomplished this page by the age of fifteen(with no help).

If you were older my expections would be higher so I think its good you posted your age but you did kinda do it in a snobby way and that causes plp to hate.
    keep up the great work
    :::::::::::::::::nickname88

Not to hammer you nickname88, but your site is simpler than this guy's.

resolved

Nice job kid, the links need to work, especailly if you are trying to sell a web service!

Dont get your hopes down man! Im 17 and I started when I was 15 also. Listen, I read several books about design, art and the Flash 5 bible. They really helped me in many ways. I also hanged around the cool site forum for a long time. Checked out the cool sites and got tons of inspiration out of them. What Im saying is that, dont worry if your sites are not good right now, because as time passes and you master flash... I promise that your final result will be an awesome flash site where you will recieve alot of positive feedback from your fellow mates.

One thing though.. You will never be satisfied with your final work.. I never am and always try to do a better one than before.

Good Luck
    Sam.

Originally posted by TrIzKuT
    it's seems snotty if you post someting like, "i'm 15, lok @ my site!"

oh well.....
    There 15 years old, that is the snotty years.

I really don't like click here written all over everything. Why couldn't you just put whatever you are supposed to click on on the actual page? Maybe I'm missing something, but your logic seems strange to me.

Your site/being 15

I don't care that your 15 - your interest in the web is very cool. Your site needs work... I am sure that you will see to those things. To those who rip you, remember your site as a 15 yr. old is better than the one they posted when they were 15. Keep reading, keep designing, and realize that you don't have all the answers and ideas and thats OK... if you ask those around who have some of the answers you will figure out what you need to know and as for ideas... at 15 those should come to you all the time. You are part of a blessed generation, one which can publish thoughts, ideas, art, and a multitude of other information on the web... you don't need loads of cash to do it either. Keep with the web... it is bound to amaze us all soon and I strongly feel that those who are part of the web early in life will lead those changes, those who are older will polish the ideas and those who doubt will be left behind.

Originally posted by nix-net
    http://www.vortexonline.vze.com

actual url: http://www.satlink.com.au/~johnm/vortex/

This site needs some peer feedback, i think that it is pretty much done ( xept for some typos ) and also three links under video, 3d and web launching examples are still under development. Other than that, what do you think??
    Thanks in advance