A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Check out this new game

http://www.flasharcadia.com/chariot

Here's the first beta version. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Nick

Here's my two cents.

First what I liked
    * UI before you begin the game is beautifully doneand th little colisseum looks sweet as hell, great graphics.
    *During gameplay, the columns and the background really stand out and look nice.

the only problem I see
    * During gameplay it is very difficult because of the chariot perspective to see items coming your way in the same area your in (like on the left side, middle, or right side).

Hope you got something useful out of that

i also like the beginning.

the game last too long, in my opinion. i would add an option where when you get hit, you lose 10 points and then if you get to zero you die. I think that if the other racers could whip you too, it would add some excitement. I worry that the it is impossible to avoid htting some obstacles--maybe yo ucould make the chariot and the obstacles slightly smaller to give a bit more "wiggle room"?

These are just some suggestions to help the game play--the graphics good for what you are trying to achieve.

Good job!

I see what you mean about the game going on for too long, even if you're crap and get hit by everything in sight. How about if I add some kind of energy bar. I was thinking that each time you get hit it goes down a notch. If you manage to avoid an obstable then it goes up a notch so you only get killed if you hit lots of obstacles, one after another. I was also think of making the obstacles come towards you a bit slower giving you more time to avoid them?

Cheers for all your comments.

The energy bar is a great idea.

I dunno about the speed--you don't wanna ruin playability by going too slow. that's why i suggested the smaller player/obstacle solution.

best,

Ok, I've made some changes based on your comments. Check out beta 2. Let me know if you think it's an improvement.

http://www.flasharcadia.com/chariot_beta_2/

Tip - you'll lose 10% energy each time you get hit but you'll gain 20% energy if you manage to whip a competitor.

a big improvement. my only ***** is that I'm not very good.

the energy bar makes it much more challenging.

Hey,

i thought the game could have had better graphics - only slightly better though, and the game play was a little fast - to get out of the way of the objects!!!!!

other than that i liked it - was there alot of scripting involved or not much??

Can i ask you to take a look at my post and make some comments??

check the portfolio section, within the "web" section of the virtual portfolio there is a Flash Christmas card game i made - check it out - snowmen space invaders!!!!

thanks in advance

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=306878

gilesb