A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mac hangs up, pc works fine

Question

http://www.brunch-clothing.de
    If the mouse rolls over the flash (after preloader), every mac hangs up. WHY? What could i do? Any idea welcome!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

No clue, but thats a great site!!! Nice clean sound and soooooooooth animations. Kudos! Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

is that the feed back youre getting from your viewers/customers? or is it related to one specific mac? are you sure you got the most recent flash player for those who have problems? i can try to get our powermac up and running online and see what it looks like. i also have access to an old mac powerbook i can try and see what it looks like there too. theyre my brother's toys so i have to get his cooperation first ;-)

The problem seems to occur on ervery mac. We tested a G3, a G4 and an older 7500, every Browser, all with the latest plugin. I think i report this to macromedia...

steffan,

My PPC 9600 doesn't hang up at your site.. have newest version of the Flash Player. I just can't view any other options than 2 x "Install Flash Now".. and these links to Macromedia work.

What should I see?

... perhaps it is unable to detect flash properly?

Uuuups, if You have the latest plugin You should see flash-content of course. I felt very safe with the detection, this is the first time it did not work. tks for info

Will you let me know when I can get a look?

Thanks!

Wink

Sure, but You need to add Your Email to Your profile...