A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: looking for 2Advanced.com Prices?

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Re: tpnovak

Originally posted by nevil
    hmmmm, a spokesman for 2Advanced studios, interesting, so many previously asked/unanswered questions can now be shed light on, if tpnovak is willing to keep up with it, at the moment he is doing great.

cheers

Nevil
    http://www.theory7.com
    Yeah, we remain pretty quiet over here. It's a lot of fun lurking about watching people who either love 2A or hate 2A - Nobody can say this industry doesn't have a wide range of opinions. It's hilarious to me, like trying to get two economists to sit down and agree on anything.

Our biggest issue is having the time to respond. For once, I had a weekend where I didn't need to work too much. In general, we get somewhere on the order of 1000 emails a week usually consisting of the same 6-7 questions... It's difficult enough just getting back to those folks.

We will definitely try to be a little more active... Thanks to everyone for bearing with us.

First I would like to express my gratatude toward you for taking the time and answering our questions. I like seeing the progression of 2A from your 2nd site to the 3rd and current one. I was wondering what your first version looked like. I dont think i saw it and i would love to if it was on the internet somewhere.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar

Smile Re: Re: tpnovak

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Originally posted by nevil
    hmmmm, a spokesman for 2Advanced studios, interesting, so many previously asked/unanswered questions can now be shed light on, if tpnovak is willing to keep up with it, at the moment he is doing great.

cheers

Nevil
    Yeah, we remain pretty quiet over here. It's a lot of fun lurking about watching people who either love 2A or hate 2A - Nobody can say this industry doesn't have a wide range of opinions. It's hilarious to me, like trying to get two economists to sit down and agree on anything.

Our biggest issue is having the time to respond. For once, I had a weekend where I didn't need to work too much. In general, we get somewhere on the order of 1000 emails a week usually consisting of the same 6-7 questions... It's difficult enough just getting back to those folks.

We will definitely try to be a little more active... Thanks to everyone for bearing with us.

I understand, I too receive a ton of emails every week and try to respond to every single one, unfortunately theory7 doesn't have a team of people to respond!!

cheers

nevil

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by sk8Krog
    First I would like to express my gratatude toward you for taking the time and answering our questions. I like seeing the progression of 2A from your 2nd site to the 3rd and current one. I was wondering what your first version looked like. I dont think i saw it and i would love to if it was on the internet somewhere.
    For the most part, we decided to retire the first site as it was much too "old school" for everyone's taste and was a little buggy with Flash 5. We have discussed posting a few static photos online (I think the spread in the first New Masters of Flash had pictures too). Maybe doing kinda a "History of 2A" - Funny, we never really thought we would get that many inquires for it. It's like, how many people really have a burning desire to go reload DOS 3.3 on a system, or to hook up their old Atari 2600 At least that was our logic, but not a day goes by that we don't get a request for v1.

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Hmmm..
    /me hooks up his Atari
    WHAT? NO INTERNET!! Screw this.. :P

copyright

What about copyright....I have seen at least one site here at flashkit which was an exact copy of the 2advanced site and many more which are similar. What do you do in such cases.

Tony, it is very nice of you to take the time to answer all of our questions. And there are many, as you have indicated. I look forward to reading the contents of the interview that you will be conducting with Flashkit. Love you guys or hate you guys, people cannot deny the impact that you have had on our industry. Keep up the good work. You guys are amazing!

-Geoff

Help Seeker
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread.. but I was curious about 2A prices so I did a search. Anyway, my question now is... where's that Tony Novak interview with Flashkit posted ?

SOPRANO
    this is the best interview to a 2a member ever!

Originally posted by rh71
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread.. but I was curious about 2A prices so I did a search. Anyway, my question now is... where's that Tony Novak interview with Flashkit posted ?

you thread digger you..now we'll can get right back were we started!

closed!

oh boy, resurrecting the dead, gotta luv it
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

highest price

can you tell us the highest costing site 2A has ever worked on? Just the cost, not the company name or anything like that. How many people worked on that project?

kinda off-topic.

it's kinda difficult to get informed in places like south america, where you know, the internet is still being born so i just lov flashkit, where you can actually ask and talk with people like nevil, and tpnovak, whose work (either you hate it or like it) mean an influence to everyone (you know...you make a site, and you may want it to look like a 2a site cause everybody wants that and it's a trend, or you make sure your site hasn't any detail similar to a 2a site, cause everybody hates them, and noone wants to know nothing from them anymore).....

anyway, as it's time for questions here, i hope tpnovak can answer these:

1. what about international contracts, how you deal with that....what if someone from Pakistan would like to hire you, you just won't accept, or you still negociate?????

2. i think, and you know, 2a has impossed domehow the "techy" style. As i said, people may or may not like 2a, but still, everyone is looking at what are you doing, and you can influence a lot of people....i'd like to know whether you'd take the chance to do something that goes off of every impossed style, even if people start screaming "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOIN NOW??????".....are you planning to do something that is 2A, but doesn't look like it (cause i believe a 2A site can be recognize as easy as you can recognize a painting by Dali or Picaso)......
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Help Seeker
    Originally posted by roro
    this is the best interview to a 2a member ever!
    What? Where ?!?! Are you talking about what he's stated in this thread or the real interview he supposedly has already done with Flashkit ?

Eh... how come it says the the guy's username is "guest", but when his posts were quoted, it says "aversion". Doing some time traveling Av?

SOPRANO
    Originally posted by rh71
    What? Where ?!?! Are you talking about what he's stated in this thread or the real interview he supposedly has already done with Flashkit ?
    I mean this one, I have read 3 or 4 interviews with Eric, but this is the best... I dont know where is the REAL interview with flashkit.

••••••••••••
    "We are less expensive than Razorfish and more expensive than a Freelancer".
    I understand we are more expensive than Razorfish, hence our current portfolio...

kazooma.com

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by roro
    I mean this one, I have read 3 or 4 interviews with Eric, but this is the best... I dont know where is the REAL interview with flashkit.
    I've actually never done a "Real" Interview with Flashkit

Shane has though (PixelRanger)... (One of our Art Directors).
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

I've actually never done a "Real" Interview with Flashkit

Shane has though (PixelRanger)... (One of our Art Directors).
    well, this thread is kind of an interview, and it's turning out cool
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by argonauta
    1. what about international contracts, how you deal with that....what if someone from Pakistan would like to hire you, you just won't accept, or you still negociate?????
    We only write contracts in US Dollars, so all foreign currency dollars must convert to USD, otherwise, we don't take the job. It's too much of a pain to get money out of some countries, nor do we want to deal with devaluation over the course of the contract.

2. i think, and you know, 2a has impossed domehow the "techy" style. As i said, people may or may not like 2a, but still, everyone is looking at what are you doing, and you can influence a lot of people....i'd like to know whether you'd take the chance to do something that goes off of every impossed style, even if people start screaming "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOIN NOW??????".....are you planning to do something that is 2A, but doesn't look like it (cause i believe a 2A site can be recognize as easy as you can recognize a painting by Dali or Picaso)......
    We are at a point that we don't arbitrarily decide to go with Techy vs. Non-Techy; we simply work from our clients desires and their requests. However, for ourselves, our own work, we still go with what we love, so I wouldn't expect that the next version of 2A will be "Minimal" for example. (And I know the next question is probably... "When is the New Version of 2A going to be Released?").
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/