A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for 2Advanced.com Prices?

Hey, I know it's been discussed here before, but I can't find the old thread. Does anyone know around how much 2Advanced.com charges their client? What about other studios similar to 2A? I know it's like an arm and a leg, but I'm curious.

Riki

probibly around 1-9999999 dollars

no one really knows, it could be anything. I doubt they charge much more than most professional studios, probably between $50-$125 per man hour depending on the resource.

remember, just because we all know who 2advanced are doesn't mean potential clients have any idea that they're any different to anyone else out there. There are a lot of places with good portfolios.

i would say 95% of clients won't give a hoot who 2advanced or eric jordan are, they just want to know that they can do the job at a good price.

2advanced charges no less than $12k per project.

they only do whole websites for fortune 500-1000 companies, nothing else.

Originally posted by MacroDx
    2advanced charges no less than $12k per project.

they only do whole websites for fortune 500-1000 companies, nothing else.

i don't see any fortune 500-1000 companies in their portfolio, maybe one of the software companies or the vulcan paul allen company... but lasikplus? higher source music?

it's not quite razorfish or heavy industries.

where did you hear that?

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by aversion

i would say 95% of clients won't give a hoot who 2advanced or eric jordan are, they just want to know that they can do the job at a good price.
    On the contrary. It's actually more around 95% of the people appoaching our firm that already know who 2Advanced Studios and Eric Jordan are. This is the day and age of the educated shopper. People are doing their homework online before hand; searching Google, attending conferences, reading Books and Mags, chatting and exchanging messages on the boards.

We have also found that price, while still a consideration, isn't paramount with the majority of our clients. Getting the job done right, in the shortest period of time with the best quality is foremost. Secondly, a firm that will be around tomorrow, established, highly professional and with a significant list of references. Finally, range of services also plays an important role; Print, Multimedia, Video, Custom Audio, Development (Java, C, C++, PHP, ASP, Coldfusion), Web Design...etc.

Pricing isn't something that I'll comment on, other than to say the obvious: "We are less expensive than Razorfish and more expensive than a Freelancer".

Originally posted by tpnovak
    "We are less expensive than Razorfish and more expensive than a Freelancer".
    lol! that's a great quote

Still not sure i understand why razorfish are so expensive.....

glad to hear you have such educated clients, that's great, i wish i could get some.

i agree that 2advanced has some fantastic backend expertise that people often seem to ignore when looking at the sites, print too.

liked the 25mg vid.

i don't see any fortune 500-1000 companies in their portfolio, maybe one of the software companies or the vulcan paul allen company... but lasikplus? higher source music?
    it's not quite razorfish or heavy industries.
    where did you hear that?

Where did I hear? actually finding that out is quite easy.
    Your lack of information is not at anyones fault smartypants.

I won't go into more details. thank you.

ummmm, i'm just saying that all 2advanced clients are not all fortune 500-1000 clients. Look at their client list! Is higher source music a fortune anything company? I'm sure 2a did that website because it was an interesting project and the client was good.

don't go into details if you don't want to but it's there on the website

i'm sure 2advanced will take anyone's project if it interests them, why would any company restrict itself to fortune 500-1000 clients alone!!

Okay... so uhh, how much does Razorfish charges that make them so high? @_@;

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

i'm sure 2advanced will take anyone's project if it interests them, why would any company restrict itself to fortune 500-1000 clients alone!!
    Quite true. Doesn't make for much of a business plan to limit yourself to exactly 1000 potential clients. Also remember, that everything we do CANNOT be listed in our work portfolio... "Bragging Rights" are at times a point of negotiation with larger clients.

As far as how much Razorfish charges, I cannot comment other than to state the obvious: "Razorfish charges more than 2Advanced who in turn charges more than Freelancers".

Gahhhhhh... Novak, you've learned the art of being vague! Darn you businessmen :P

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    I called personally. Its nothing less than 18K.
    Thats just for front end.

@_@;; what comes with $18k???

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by Eyenovation
    I called personally. Its nothing less than 18K.
    Thats just for front end.
    Ahahaha. Listen everyone this is getting a little vague here. There are SO many factors that influence and dictate pricing:

-Is it a Fixed bid job or Time and Materials?
    -When do you need delivery by?
    -New Project, Facelift Project, or Major Overhaul?
    -How many pages of content are we talking about?
    -Any dynamic content feeds? Database? XML Streams?
    -Do you need our staff onsite at your facilities?
    -Hybrid of Flash and HTML, only HTML, or only Flash?
    -Flash Navigation, or the ability to switch between both?
    -Administrative tools for performing updates?
    -How many graphics?
    -Do you have your own graphics?
    -Do you want to license Stone images or Comstock images?
    -Who is responsible for integration?
    -Is your content written, or do you need a copywriter?
    -Is this site going to be in English only, or do we need International translations?
    -Who's building the back-end?
    -Is our company producing the solution, or will we be working in concert with your team?
    (etc, etc, etc.)

Every single question above and over 100+ others must be answered in order to effectively determine "price". Skill of the firm, customer demand, production efficencies, and related will help you determine an hourly rate. But at the end of the day you don't ask the right questions you may determine that you can do the project in 20 hours and it will end up taking 100 hours. By my calculations that $50 per hour just worked out to be $10 per hour (much less after taxes).

My suggest is this:

1. Determine the entire scope of work first.
    2. Determine the client budget for the project.
    3. Provide the client with a realistic scope of work that you can do which fits the budget.

(Sorry for the rambling...)

excellent post, thanks tony

2advanced Question

Hey Tony i saw that you mentioned that not all the site you all do can be put into your portfolio section. What are some of those links of other sites that you all have done that maybe no one else knows about......???

I wouldn't mind hearing more "rambling" of the kinds of questions you consider necessary in order to determine a proper quote for a potential client!

Re: 2advanced Question

Originally posted by oakleyzrosae
    Hey Tony i saw that you mentioned that not all the site you all do can be put into your portfolio section. What are some of those links of other sites that you all have done that maybe no one else knows about......???

i think the reason that they're not in 2a's portfolio section is because of privacy agreements in their contracts with clients.

Originally posted by tpnovak
    -Is it a Fixed bid job or Time and Materials?
    [/B]
    What does this mean?