A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: looking for 2Advanced.com Prices?

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Did you catch Children of Dune on Sci-Fi recently? "Plans within Plans"...
    Love that quote.
    it looks like you put a lot of effort into that post and I hate myself for only reading the last sentence (hey it's sunday, I'll get round to it) but no, I didn't see it, but I am looking forward to seeing the concluding episode of 'taken' tonight, as long as the war doesn't bump it.

*shakes fist at saddam hussein for not surrendering already

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by nevil
    fair comments, I have to be argumentative sometimes and rarely am! and I am glad that there has only been a response from 1 2a member on this as you guys have gone from never posting, well one essay from eric every once in a blue moon to a total contrast of 3 or 4 of you jumping to the defense of any 2A targeted topic, it does go to show that although you always say the client is the one that counts I think you hold more value in the opinions of the flash community than you think.
    I absolutely agree with this and confess that we do value the opinions of the Flash Community (especially your opinion Nevil! ) I believe that all of us here should be working to similiar common goals, and the advancement of Flash Technology, hence the value of the community unto itself.

Perhaps it all comes down to balance. At the end of the day, we need to keep focused on our company endeavors and our going business concerns. I never want to end up making pretentious diatribe quotes like, "Sony, wasn't listening to us; so we fired them". Those days are long past and so too are the companies with those attitudes.

Without clients, we wouldn't be in business too long, and without the Flash community, nobody would know who 2Advanced is. Which is why I don't take offense to everyone commenting on this job posting. Hopefully my last response is simply taken for what it was intended; clarification.
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

Originally posted by aversion

i'm sure 2advanced will take anyone's project if it interests them
    I wish I was in a posistion to accept the projects that interest me. Oh well, maybe oneday

I love 2advanced's web site. It just seems so neat, plus it isn't small, its larger(heigher) so you don't have to scroll as much.

I'd love to see the source file, but I doubt you'd give it out, since someone could make changes and publish it as there own.

My main question, that you didn't answer earlyer but knew it was coming, when will the next version of the site be out?

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Once you fully grasp objects, classes, methods, encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance, and the whole rest of the OOP foundation; while simultaneously learning business logic, code structure, loops, arrays, string handling, etc; the application of these cumulative concepts and coding in general really just becomes a matter of two key things on a language over language basis: Learning the Syntax and learning the appropriate IDE/Tools (i.e. Zend, Visual Studio, etc.). On the database front, very much the same reality. Once you fully understand Normalization, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Indices, (and so on...) learning the ropes and nuances between MS SQL, Oracle, etc. is fundamentally not a problem and definitely not a 2-3 year effort.

Me figures that in a couple of years the 2a requirement set will feature a new programming language called "nOvak"

Ow and Nevil, get another videocard, hehe...

Originally posted by KevinD

Me figures that in a couple of years the 2a requirement set will feature a new programming language called "nOvak"

Ow and Nevil, get another videocard, hehe...

Everything he said is basicly used in C++, C(I think, not 100% sure) PHP, and other things including FLASH action scripting.

Once you learn a structure like C++, it isn't hard to learn another language. If you know C++, you could probably learn php in a very short time.

Right now I'm learning C++, and damn it helps alot when you are using action scripting.

I guess when you dont have any scripting knowledge whatsoever it all seems, err... complicated ...

Originally posted by KevinD
    I guess when you dont have any scripting knowledge whatsoever it all seems, err... complicated ...
    Aye.
    hello.

Digital Pimp

Fundamentals of Programming

The specifics that Novak mentioned (I'm not going to repeat them, go read the above threads about the developmental aspect of 2A's work) are simply fundamentals and principles of Object Oriented Programming. What Novak is trying to say is that these principles are pretty much applicable to numerous programming languages. So, once you learn these principles, learning the syntax of a language is pretty much trivial and requires some effort and practice.

For me, C++, Java, Perl (except for those darn regular expressions which make the code look funny), and other OO languages are similiar. I've had no problems here at UF (college) jumping from one HLL to another (depending on what class this program is for) There are slight variations in the syntax of each language, but nothing extremely drastic as to say that knowing multiple languages well is out of reach.

HOWEVER, I'm sure the abilities of the skillset required for 2A are above and beyong what most people can or will ever be able to do.

Blah blah blah, yakety smakety -
    --==[ Myndal
    --==[ www.myndal.com

Re: Fundamentals of Programming

Originally posted by myndal

HOWEVER, I'm sure the abilities of the skillset required for 2A are above and beyong what most people can or will ever be able to do.

Blah blah blah, yakety smakety -
    Hey, I'm on my way

I know some PHP, SQL and C++, know flash fairly well and learning action script. I am VERY well skilled with photoshop and illustrator and QuarkXPress(Took several years in a printing/graphics class)

Starting to learn 3D modeling with Lightwave and am not to bad with video editing. Plus I know the fundamental things like XHTML ( HTML aswell obviously) and CSS aswell as XML.

I'm getting there, talk to me in like 2 years and I think I'll be ready

My resume:

No tertiary education.

Scripting: development of an interface including such coding phrases as "stop" "play" and extensive knowledge of how to use <center></center>

Creative: If you mouseover a button, it changes colour

awesome thread. i yonked some of your quotes tony. hope you dont mind

Originally posted by bvgroote
    My resume:

No tertiary education.

Scripting: development of an interface including such coding phrases as "stop" "play" and extensive knowledge of how to use <center></center>

Creative: If you mouseover a button, it changes colour
    Hate to say this, but you better forget <center></center>.

Using that in XHTML does NOT validate (Sooner or later we will move form HTML to XHTML) and using CSS to center things is much more elegant and much easyer to get it in the exact place you need it.

www.webmonkey.com

read

learn

do

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by kasracer
    Hate to say this, but you better forget <center></center>.

Using that in XHTML does NOT validate (Sooner or later we will move form HTML to XHTML) and using CSS to center things is much more elegant and much easyer to get it in the exact place you need it.

www.webmonkey.com

read

learn

do
    I think you missed the point mate, the guy was just taking the piss.

lol thanks for the clarification on that one nevil.

the trees don't let you see the forrest
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Want prices?

Want prices?

I charge $30 an hour for any work.

-Line
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme Site Design - Art - Animation
    http://www.WebSlime.com | Low Cost Web Hosting & Domain Names

Originally posted by nevil
    I think you missed the point mate, the guy was just taking the piss.
    I know

he Mr.Tony I was wondering if you could give some tips about
    buying a book ...

hoping you are still out here

you got some suggestions about these?

Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Magic
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books

Flash MX Audio Magic
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books

Flash MX Magic (3rd Edition)
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ce&s=books&st=*

I think I will buy mx magic ... and perhaps also audio magic cuz Im experimenting in reason etc ..

tnx in advance man

Bite Me
    woah talking about raising a post back from the dead...