A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exporting with chooser

I tried to make a movie (to use in powerpoint) that used a chooser in conjunction with a keyboard element.

Using keyframes, when the spacebar was pressed, the chooser was removed, advanced to the next view, and then replaced. The movie worked fine in the preview window, but not when exported (the best I could get was the first view to flash for 1/10 of a second, which could happen repeatedly, but it never advanced.) I know choosers and exporting have been discussed on the forum, but I never saw a conclusion.

I got the movie to work, but only by using separate keyboard inputs for each event--using the chooser would be a lot easier and flexible.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by 4crafts
    I tried to make a movie (to use in powerpoint) that used a chooser in conjunction with a keyboard element.

Using keyframes, when the spacebar was pressed, the chooser was removed, advanced to the next view, and then replaced. The movie worked fine in the preview window, but not when exported (the best I could get was the first view to flash for 1/10 of a second, which could happen repeatedly, but it never advanced.) I know choosers and exporting have been discussed on the forum, but I never saw a conclusion.

I got the movie to work, but only by using separate keyboard inputs for each event--using the chooser would be a lot easier and flexible.

Any ideas?
    Hi!
    You have tried to use chooser activating next or previous with Picture button. This has worked to me perfectly in preview and Browser

There is some way to see your movie, and suddenly to offer one better aid to him.

Joseph

Any ideas?
    Why removed? If you changing it you don't have to remove it first. I've used chooser elements often without problems.
    Perhaps I'm missing something?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blanius

Why removed? If you changing it you don't have to remove it first. I've used chooser elements often without problems.
    Perhaps I'm missing something?
    I removed it because I'm using the flash movie within PowerPoint to illustrate a talk I'm giving. The views in the chooser were different text items, each one being a different point.

The effect I was aiming for was for a point on the chooser to be displayed, transitioned off the screen (which Powerpoint can't do--that's why I use flash), set to the next point, and then transitioned back onto the screen.

I don't have the movie right now, as when I saw the exported result, I went back to the way I had done it before, with separate text elements and keyframes.

resolved POWERPOINT TO 3DFA.

Hi!4crafts
    I dont know if I’m defocused but suddenly can serve as some aid

http://www.blender.island.3dup.net/I...3dfa/index.htm

This is only a test for chooser with Keyboar input

THIS IS CHOOSER COMBINED WITH KEYBOARD INPUT

FIRST CLICK HERE! For to load the powerpoint viewer in case his system doesn’t have it
    Or Click below on TO TRANSFER SOURCE PRESENTATION FROM INITIAL PAGE
    Click on 3DFA PRESENTATION TEXT from Powerpoint (First Slide)
    This are linked with a 3DFA movie
    Later the movie will be opened wich is linked with a HTML page and this with a *.swf

After that Click on the Browser to activate the Key Press option in 3DFA movie
    After press down Right Arrow or Left Arrow for to change the image from the top upper corner.

Now
    THIS IS CHOOSER COMBINED WITH PICTURE BUTTON
    Click Back on your browser to return to Powerpoint Presentation (First Slide)

Now Click on the right green arrow in Powerpoint for Next Slide(powerpoint)

Click icon below smile face for other 3DFA movie

Click ENTER (Right Bottom)

Clickc Landscapes Menu

And Click Left or Right arrow for to change the image.

Power point generates two archives HTML of the type sld001.html and sld002.html (in this example) that very surely allows to chain a URL from 3DFA to PowerPoint. In order to create a cyclical presentation and not return to the first slide

Joseph