A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sending Score Variable to a PHP file

Ok, I'm setting up a high score system for a game.
    Now the php file is workin' great, it's all set-up.
    But now I need to send the player's final score from the game, to the PHP file. So how do I export the value of this variable to the PHP file???

I also want to code this so that it will work no matter where the game is located (in other words I want it to work even if the game is located on a server different from the PHP file)

ANY help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Send to PHP:
    Code:
    loadVariables("game.php?name=" add _root.user_name add "score=" add _root.score, 0, "POST");
    About your second question: If you have your actionscript reference guide book from Macromedia: page 127: you can only load data into the movie from a file that is on a server in the same subdomain.

Hi,

there is just two ways to handle the situation - one is to set up a script on the same server that just forwards the data to the other one, and the other using loadmovie like here: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=232712

Musicman

ok. thanks. But I don't need to load any info into Flash. I'm just sending data from Flash. But are you saying that I need those methods just to send info from Flash? (in order for it to work from any server)

here's an example of a game that does this successfully, it's the same type of score system I'm trying for.

http://www.synj.net/flash/sacksmash.htm

now this game exists on several websites (Newgrounds.com, Synj.net, Ham N Cheez etc.) but the score submission works just fine anywhere.

Thanks for your great help so far

really appreciate it

You guys get first play when I finish work on the game

Hi,

the third party restriction only applies to loadvariables, but you are using geturl to return the result to a browser window

Musicman