dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: this is so weird, can someone help me...

i have a movie that loads external variables...

it's perfectly functional offline..but when i upload it, it doesn't work..

and it's not just the URL either, cause the variables are called using full addy..[http://www...etc]

can someone help me...

I had about the same problem with the loadMovie action...

I solved it by changing the name of the movies that were being loaded... i.e from movie1.swf -to-> loadmovie1.swf

and it actually worked...ya I know doesn't sound logical but it worked...so why don't you give it a try.

If you're loading external variables from a txt file then it could be that your domain doesnt allow it. If you're using free hosting there's a good chance this is the problem.

Originally posted by etcettra
    If you're loading external variables from a txt file then it could be that your domain doesnt allow it. If you're using free hosting there's a good chance this is the problem.
    Yes you are not wrong there. For example the free hosting at Brinkster mentioned that they let us playback SWF but I noticed that one or two movies did not work at all. Uploading them to a different hosting and they worked perfectly (as they should!! )
    it is a weird problem and as yet still haven't a clue on why some of my MC worked on other hosting and not Brinkster....
    They are free that is why....