A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is This One 1-10 rate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering it's a site about shoes (c'mon on, it's hard to make the subject of shoes exciting) I think it's a darn fine site. Very nice. As far as pure Flash business sites go, I give it a 9.

once again a huge difference in opinion with scores going from 4 to 8...

alright, so we're on a flash board, and maybe the site doesn't push the limits on what flash can do, or offer some navigation that none of us have ever thought of, or use video, sound, and interactivity that guarantees the keynote at a flashforward festival.

then we remember we're talking about a web site selling trendy footwear, targeted to a smaller, wealthier audience.

does this web site use flash as effectively as the genetic shoes web site? some may say not, but when i finally got around the intro to genetic shoes, i didn't know if i was in a skating portal, some blog, or a shoe store. usability wise, the genetic site looked to me like it was trying to do too much, though what it did looked sharp.

i would say that this site (the one we're reviewing, not the genetic one) could have used flash more effectively without getting in the way of a potential buyer purchasing the shoes. For instance, this person could maybe use Flash to rotate the shoe so I could see the other side of the the shoe, or zoom in so i can see what color the stitching is...that would add to the overall flash experience, no?

and when you talk about european shoes and their prices, you should designate whether the price is euro-currency or american dollars...

wicked cool
    great site. i don't think it was fair to compair the two site concidering yours was not done by a complete design studio. i'd give your site a 7!

can you review my sites on a 1-10 scale?

http://www.ivesia.com/temp/051002/index.html

http://www.highdata.com

Thanks!!!