A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Your comments please

Hi Guys....
    Please lemme know how this looks ??
    Thsi is a site for a Audio Video Rental Firm.
    Appreciate your input
    Regards
    Sam.

would like to see it, url might help...

Smile Oops ..heres the URL

Thanks Sofie...
    Here we go..
    http://www.rent-av.com
    Regards
    Sam

looks okay.
    your preloader could be a little more informative, like show the percent loaded.
    also, you might want to change some fonts. that could add some more life to the page.
    oh yeah, you might want to make your scrollbar scroll a little faster

i loved your site , no problems so far i love it i love it I LOVE IT

overall... it's pretty good

some thoughts...
    -> you might want to increase the frame rate to give it more punch and fluidity.
    -> the color of the pre-loader is not consistent with the site.. you might want to make it that way
    -> the text is a bit hard to read
    -> the balls that bounce don't actually go down and touch their shadows (unless they're supposed to be hovering, and then.. my bad)

otherwise keep crackin away, it has real potential

rush!
    http://www.mirage-studios.com

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

Problems:
    -Preloader looks like a big stinky piece of poo. The colors suck, and the bar doesan't actually show the amount loaded.
    -The text effect has been used WAY too many times. And it's not very well done. The rays move off the text, the scaing is odd, and the fading goes in different speeds.
    -The main text is in Times New Roman, which doesn't fit with the rest of the design of the site.
    -As hugepanzy said, the bouncing balls don't touch the shadows.

This may sound harsh, but it's stuff that really makes an otherwise good design bad.

Lightbulb

nice try, its need a business look, not a cheap home page, flash is cool is you can excute it right, otherwise use it for simple elements, stay with a consistant color and text. you dont want to use to many colors and no more than 3 different fonts on a page.

In general it looks very good. Design could be better, but it's really not too bad. Everything loaded pretty fast here and that's what we want of course. Truth is that not all the content is integrated yet, so be carefull that doesn't go slowing it down. Maybe some small suggestions to make it a bit better:
    * I had the feeling the purple and the blue didn't really go together well. Maybe try to find a nice pic somewhere, do a little photoshop on it and use that for a background. The blue gradient isn't very design-like now.
    * You actually use too many font types. Some with brackets others without (I mean like times new roman and arial, their to fonts of a totally different kind). Try being consistent in the use of fonts.
    * I wasn't very pleased with the working of the scrollbars in company profile. But I liked the way it looked. When you hit the up button when the text is already above, you lose your text. You have to hit the company profile button agian to start the animation and see the text again. You should use continuous button action for the up and down button. This means that when you hold the mouse down on a button the text keeps scrolling. And the sliderbar should work too.
    * Maybe my mistake, but could it be that the text is not complete? After the last client there I see a comma, so I was expecting some more text.
    * In the rentals part the popup window seems a bit strange. It's very big and seems to go behind the top of the flash window.
    * I might have overlooked it, but I couldn't find a company address. Or maybe you were planning to put it in the contact us.

Don't be overwhelmed by the size here, your site is very well working!

i-Think

Good Job

Hi friend,

Well done, I spot a few thing that i suggest U should take note, The title in every pages is better to be the same Typeface, more consistent and some even touch the button. The "Rent -AV" typeface is a bit boring, and screen colour(purple) i suggest change to other colour, overall is good.

Amiwai...

It loaded quick and the site looks OK, although the preloader was a bit irritating. I agree with the others on the scrollbars being too slow and not draggable (plus the glitche when the text disappears), but is was nice that you could use the cursor keys to scroll with.

There are possibly too many different things going on (too many opposing fonts, a lot of gradient fills)

Thanks Guys !!!!

Thanks Guys for the overwhelming response !!
    I'd luv to make all the changes u have suggested & im goin to try to do just that.
    Also...Sofie could you help me with the continous scroll part ?
    That was my intention, but i guess im not smart enuf to figure how to do it by myself.
    Beleive me guys..im definitely goin to make all of those changes..just gimme a few days !
    Thanks Again
    Sam.
    P.S. mrxypaxn ---Its all taken in the right spirit, thanks a ton, im sure i'll b able improve in time with your help !