A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here write there own music?

Re: My experience and answer to your questions?

Originally posted by Jay Berlinsky
    Originally posted by beelineuk
    Hey,

That's an impressive list. I was just curious as it's something I am interested in. I used to write lyrics a long time ago which I thought were pretty good, but could never do anything with them as I can't write music.

Recently I discovered Reason software by Propellerheads which is fantantic, and have actually managed to create some tracks for the first time. They're not exactly fantastic, but I am learning and I hope one day I'll get to the stage where I can put some of my old songs to music and even market them?

As you have some experience, maybe you could tell me is there a market for lyric songwriters? Or only for songs accompanied by music as well? From what I've heard it's the later, which kinda slims my chances of getting into it more seriously.

What stuff have you done? Do you try and market songs through an agent or perform them yourself?

Mike

Mike my reply

If you are good at writing lyrics and you can find a singer or vocalist such as myself who is willing to take your lyrics create a vocal melody and write music to accompany it, then yes you can make money that way. This can be difficult, an agent is only necessary if you are working with a vocalist and or songwriter that is signed by an agent. I currently am not signed, since I do not have any relatives such as Craig David, who are related to me, and in the music business, unless you promote yourself, which takes lots of hard work and dedication, which I am doing, it is hard to get signed or make lots of money. But it is my passion and yes I was a born musician, but it is my work ethic, refusal to take no for an answer and tenacity and easy going friendly but yet persistent traits that has me to where I am about to be putting my Co-Owned Business- A Multimedia Business Online- A Co-Owned Multimedia Business featuring Music, including my original copywritten Cd, Jay'Chameleon Revealed' an 8 track or song Cd Copyrighten legally Jan. 2001 and also offer services such as writing for others, songs, loops, freelance projects by requests. As of experience I have performed and won several talent showcases, but you simply receive a certificate, not a contract, also I have received two standing ovations for my accapella rendition of the National anthem at two Miami Heat Basketball Games from over 12,000 Fans, I have also performed at a Sony Showcase in Orlando and then some. If you would like upon request I will send you a clip for free to hear of My copywritten Cd, Jay'Chameleon Revealed' which will be for sale, meaning the whole 8 song original album once my website is finished being designed by my webdesigner that I hired. Please email me a reply, thanks Jay