A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted on Logo

Please view the following logos and let me know your preference or ideas. The logo is for a small, large format printing company.
    http://www.websculptor.com.au/tempLogos/mmLogos.html

Thanks,
    Alan

hey i think #9 is the one with the most potential, only because that little droplet tells me something, i just want it to look more like a tear drop though. i personally think a logo should tell the viewer something about the company... for instance if someone saw the logo by itself, would they be able to tell what kind of company it is without having to read the text? thats just the way i think a logo should be done. kind of like the burger king logo with the words inside of a bun. u know what i mean? but i think you should revise number 9 and make that work a little better. also im not a fan of the text wrapping around the circle part, but good job with the logos though, they all work well as singular forms

They all seem a little "leaden", if you don't mind
    me saying...Have you had any feedback or instructions
    from the client, or is it just windowshopping at the moment?

4 and 7 look like a good start. Monster feet made me laugh.
    Black and white? No color. Im thinking CYMK as start.

4 has a good play on size relationship. I would change font styles between the two. Like maybe a serif font vs a no serif font.

7. I see sheets of large paper and the letter M. Good start. Bottom text gets too chunky. It must read quick, clean, crisp with no delay.

i choose.......

I would choose 9...
    I like em all, but 9 jumps out really good

raising hell to the next level

2 and 7 since they are least complicated.

No longer available
    Last edited by william_tropico; 03-09-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks for all the replys.

william_tropico, The program I used for these was Corel Draw. I usually use Freehand because it integrates with Flash alot better, However I like the symbol docker in Corel Draw and the node manipulation tools better than Freehand..

bigd4ddy, No I haven't had any instruction. These were just some ideas from 10 minutes of fiddlin to try out some relationship ideas.

radarmind, The idea of the droplet was to represent ink, the white circles are suposed to look like a cyclopse (Monster). These are B&W solely as a starting point, I'm looking more at form and how well the logo represents the idea of huge prints.

My personal preference is for No 7, It's bold and simple, as radarmind pointed out the M looks like oversized sheets and it will be easy to animate etc.

Clearly there are many points of view out there and I greatly appreciate getting your perspectives.

Thanks,
    Alan

7, 9, or 3. To be honest. They are all good.

Clifton Hamilton Griffin II

WOW! sounds like there should be a Lord or something before than name.

Alan

i-Think

Good

Hi Alan,

10 logo, i only like #4 and #9, #4 i like becuase simple, #9 because the shape/graphic is very nice. But all in grey, i think should a bit of colour( did U watch Monster co.). Choice is yours.

Amiwai....

4's the strongest! But play around with it - they all need a bit of work!

i kind of like 4, but I think media is too small maybe make it a littl bigger, put it under monster and adjust the tracking so it is the same width. kind of like invisionaries.com

3 and 9 are good too, the text is a little small on 9 though

coping? no you just think the same

Number 7 is already taken goto the website provided and click on portfolio then identiy, three clicks forward and you have number 7 logo again.

http://www.eyenovation.com/launch.htm

hi ablair,

I quite like the #3 and #5.

#3: The MM is interesting, need abit of tweaking on the overlapping part though. If you shrink the MM size to around (1x1)cm, it's still visible. Dont forget eventually you need to put it on the namecard and that'll be the size to go.

#5: Rather potential, but personally i feel it's not 'wild' enough. Instead of having a very nice footprint sitting beside the word MonsterMedia, i suggest perhaps you can make the footprint bigger, or slunted. Why dont you let it cut across the word! Then play with the positive and negative segment of the footprint and MonsterMedia. Give the footprint some 'life', or even you can add in a couple of small trails.

Just my 2cents suggestions, hope it helps.. =)

i'd go with 9

I liked number 1....it cought my eyes right away!

Personally 1 & 9. Number 4 is too much likes Monster's inc by Disney. Try number 1 without the box in the background, there is too much going on at the moment, and each word should be aligned or centred under the M's.

Number 9 - enlarge the type and put it level. You could try working the Teardrop into the O in MONSTER as long as the face is relatively simple sans serif. Something like Akzidenz Grotesk, Gill sans or Univers is worth a try. Alternatively try it centred underneath.

Number 10 is worth carrying on with too. The typeface is wrong but you could try it in one of the above and you wouldn't need both the m's. One M would work for both words, in an enlarged typesize. Hope that helps.

imagination through stupidity
    3 and 4 i think are the best

nr 9. by far the best