A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exporting .exe Projector to DESIGNATED subdirectory

Strange, but there does not appear to be the ability in the Export function to DESIGNATE a specific subdirectory to place the .exe Projector file into (or for that matter, HTML or .swf file into if-one-wants-this-to-be-separate-from-where-the-.fla file-is-saved/stored.

Is this an oversight on the part of MM, or am I just not finding the right switch???

I'm also not finding the right switch to save certain settings for future re-loading (i.e., Publishing templates). If this ability is hiding somewhere, I'd sure like to know about it.

Thanks much.

---flash777---

I am trying to do the same thing. I think the answer is to use an installer like a normal application does.

Justin, RiseWire.com

Hi Justin:

What I was referring to, was saving the .exe on my own machine and being able to select the subdirectory. I don't want to install it on an end-user's machine...only have them play it off the CD via AutoRun :-)

---flash777---

There's a little checkbox at the bottom of the filename list in the export settings. If you turn it off, then you can name the files whatever you want. If you enter the path to the folder that you want, you can publish it there. Just make sure that the folder exists beforehand.

So if you have a folder with your fla and wanted to publish your projector to the folder above it, you'd just put ../filename.exe

If you wanted it in a subfolder named projectors, just put /projectors/filename.exe

Hope that helps.