A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Matrix 2 pics revealed!

http://www.time.com/time/sampler/art...235417,00.html
    [Edited by rugbystud on 05-07-2002 at 09:48 PM]

I can't wait for the movie. Loved the first one and I hope the second is as good (been thinking about it and I think it might not be )

Señor member
    sweeeet .. I loved the matrix so I'm looking forward to this beauty.

The link is:

http://www.time.com/time/sampler/art...235417,00.html

Originally posted by NerdInside
    I can't wait for the movie. Loved the first one and I hope the second is as good (been thinking about it and I think it might not be )
    I am affraid of the same thing as well...that, like many movies, the sequal won't be as good as the first one. But, they pulled off a great movie the first time lets hope they can do it again!

i was reading this the other day, the coolest thing is that they're going to release matrix2 in may next year, then matrix3 in sugust or november the same year!!!

i love that idea!! Imagine if the lord of the rings films came out one every six months!!

aintitcool.com had some cool pix of the hulk sets in san francisco a few days ago. A cgi 'stand-in' showed that the hulk will be agood 15+ foot high!

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

I can't wait for M1&2!
    And the whole releasing them a few months apart is one of the best ideas that has come around in the movie buisness in a while.

aversion, you're really excited about the hulk aren't you?
    little homesick, or something?

Originally posted by mrxypaxn

aversion, you're really excited about the hulk aren't you?
    little homesick, or something?
    been working on a web application for the govt 12 hours a day, it doesn't take much to get me excited at the moment...

*sighs and wonders if this is what he really wants to be doing*

Originally posted by aversion
    *sighs and wonders if this is what he really wants to be doing*
    Join the gang!

Originally posted by onlinegs.com
    I am affraid of the same thing as well...that, like many movies, the sequal won't be as good as the first one. But, they pulled off a great movie the first time lets hope they can do it again!
    As far as I see it, the story can't make that much cents. He is The One and will take down the Matrix, freeing everyone... but there are 2 more movies planned meaning Matrix 2 will be a cliff hanger, which is why the other movie will come out later of the same year.

Angry

Wow. I didn't think the sequels could be that good, because the first one was so good. Now Neo can fly, stop bullets, and kill agents, where do you go from there? But the sequels acutally look really good.

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

As far as I see it, the story can't make that much cents. He is The One and will take down the Matrix, freeing everyone... but there are 2 more movies planned meaning Matrix 2 will be a cliff hanger, which is why the other movie will come out later of the same year.
    Actually, you're wrong. It'll probably make as much money as the first one.(cents instead of sense).
    With the addition of the Silver Men, the fact that Agent Smith can now duplicate himself, and the entry into Zion will give the story the edge that it needs. It could be that the Matrix is destroyed in the second, and in the third humanity has to win back the world from the robots. Whatever happens, it's gonna be great!

Av: 3D & Media Developer
    i'm sure that most people got over the effects and started wondering about the - the matrix is everywhere, it is all around us. even now in this very room -err. Um. Yeah. Anyway, I was talking about whether some of the fans are interested in the metaphysics of the movie. my friends call me the matrix fanatic. quite frankly, i have to agree. i know everyone in the cast, offcamera, how every effect was done, every line in the movie, and the original script.

whether or not the W brothers were smoking pot while writing this masterpiece is not my concern. reality is transcendent whether we wish to accept that fact or not. there is a higher being and our reach to that being is limited by our mortality, thus we can never become gods. gods ARE the higher beings because they are immortal.

anyway, i suppose everything goes to plan. the "reloaded" will be worse than "revolutions" (70-second snips are already out). but i do hope neo dies, because that would probably symbolize his eternal control of the matrix. but being the timeless character neo is, that is a fat chance.

best actor of the matrix - hugo weaving
    best yoda of the matrix - laurence fishburne
    best clueless accountant - keanu reeves
    best stunt figure - carrie anne-moss
    funniest expressions - (duh) agent brown

oh and by the way. if you didn't notice this, in the beginning of the lobby scene, neo and Trin look at each other and scramble. in the end of the movie, jones and brown do the EXACT same thing.

the matrix plot

something tells me now that neo and trinity are in L-U-V, he will have to save her from the dangerous agents. Sound good enough for an hour and a half's worth of plot?

The first times the best, no doubt. But the producer, Joel Silver, combined with the Wachowski brothers are a pretty bada$$ team. Hopefully this should be good.

Do you think it will break spiderman's 3-day 115 million dollar debut?

Originally posted by aevium
    oh and by the way. if you didn't notice this, in the beginning of the lobby scene, neo and Trin look at each other and scramble. in the end of the movie, jones and brown do the EXACT same thing.

yeah but two of them are getting ready to rumble and kick ass, the other two are running for their 'lives'!

Re: the matrix plot

Originally posted by murdock197
    Do you think it will break spiderman's 3-day 115 million dollar debut?
    no way, it doesn't have the same uiversal appeal. I doubt star wars will hit it either because their audience will be 1/2 price kids

gotta love spiderman. my 97 and 98 complete fleer card collection definetely went up in value over those glorious 3 days.

should we start a spiderman trivia post?

aversion, my point exactly.
    everything is reverted in the last part of the movie.
    neo doesn't know he's the one when he's about to kick ass. the agents know he's the one when he's about to kick ass.

see, it's simple.

shades + indoors + metaphysics + 75% black actors + stunts + money = matrix

Originally posted by aevium

shades + indoors + metaphysics + 75% black actors + stunts + money = matrix

who else was black besides morpheus? do tank and dozer count?

oh man, the matrix is ONLY good because it has so many black actors. the "priestess" is actually one of the director's(larry, i believe) wife!
    morpheus
    tank
    dozer
    oracle
    priestess

italians are somehow portrayed to be untrustworthy

ah yes, the oracle! hehe, that was such a fun phrase, There is no spoon!

during 8th grade geometry last year, whenever our boring teacher asked a question, we always replied, There is no spoon!