A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: running local server

Hi Friends,

i'm running flash, php, mysql, with apache for win32 on my PC(running windows 98). Everything works fine, the problem is this:

everytime i need to view a dynamic page, i need to go online/dial-up first via modem before i can view or interact with the dynamic page. otherwise internet explorer gives a "working offline" message and doesn't connect to localhost server.

I just want to run everything locally on my personal machine! why do i have to be online to do this? is there someway i can run dynamic pages without going online?

Thank you, woktoc

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

People here don't like to answer questions.
    Go to the http://board.flashkit.com/board/foru....php?forumid=4 board to get it answered faster.

Originally posted by mrxypaxn
    Unless it's "what's your favourite band?" or "what kind of car do you drive?"

I'm no expert woktoc but in my experience you do have to click the connect button but shouldn't actually by dialing up. Um... apache has been started?

thanks mrxypxan & eggler, everything is running properly, i just can't interact with the server without going online first. It must be a setting of some sort, but i can't find it woktoc

Originally posted by eggler
    Originally posted by mrxypaxn
    Unless it's "what's your favourite band?" or "what kind of car do you drive?"

I'm no expert woktoc but in my experience you do have to click the connect button but shouldn't actually by dialing up. Um... apache has been started?