A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLASH 6 GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I love Flash 5 and use it for everything.

I do not use bad computers.

I am not computer illiterate.

I hate Flash MX.

It has a bunch of cool features if everybody has Flash Player 6 but it is slow as hell.

Every computer I have installed it in--again these computers are not bad (pIII's with 256 SDRAM adn plenty of diskspace)--crashes frequently. And when the FLA files get large the entire program slows to a crawl. No I do not have many other programs open while I am working on Flash MX.

This is not a knock against Flash in general. I have now gone back to using Flash 5 and will never open MX again until somebody can please tell me what I can do to make this program work without making me restart every hour or so.

Please help me.

More info, Are there particular things that seem to cause the problems? I have yet to have any problems with MX (barring the whole fscommand exec hoopla).

P3 677 128MB Win98SE

No problems here.

Stats in my footer. No problems at all.

Red face

P III 1gig, 512mb RAM, winME

lots of crashes-- especially when doing cut/paste with toolbar buttons ... enough i finally did a bug report with MM .. also crashes at times with "test movie"

1.8 Ghz P4, 1152 MB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive(s), Flash MX, 128 MB Radeon 8500 (2 21" Sony Monitors).

No problems yet. Not a single crash since installing. I have used it quite a bit, with several other apps open simultaneously (Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, Ultradev).

also runs slow

1.3 with 512megs of ddr , also runs slow with larger files.

the main problem ive been having is exporting files and trying to view them online. The files seem to not load all the way the first time. Im gonna post a new thread on this issue right now.

What operating sys are you using?

I have had problems with flash mx and win ME, but not with win 2000 or Win XP.

PIII 800
    384 mb RAM
    40 GB harddrive
    xp professional

works perfectly

You called to the right person!

It's not your computer! It's Windows!

I recommend to have: ( to fix it )

- Get 128MB or more of RAM
    - Get any processor at 350 MHz or more
    - 200 MB in C:\ Free or more
    - If you have multi-partitions (D:, E:, etc..) and you installed inside one (ex: D:\) leave 100 MB or more free in the partition.
    - Check if you have a program that freeze others or only Flash MX. To delete them all use "Ad-aware" download it at: http://www.lavasoft.de/ (NOTE if you have Kazaa it may not work after, you must re-updated or reinstalled it (your files downloaded and the rest will still be there.)
    - Do not run over 30 programs at the same time
    - Make sure that you only have on your system tray Max of 6 stuff (clock not counted).
    -
    - If still problem or information or question about other stuff, fell free to contact me at: matrix_flash_me@hotmail.com

Bye!

Lady Pleaser Extrordinaire!

nope

Athalon MP or somethin, dual processer Tyan, 2.6 GH

never had a crash, even with all sortsa proggys open!

newayblue.com
    I have never had problems and I am using windows XP, but I really dont like MX, I see no problem with 5 and do not see any reason to start using MX yet.
    Also having to explain to my clients that more or less everyone that will view their page will have to go to macromedia.com to download the new plugin is just not on.

Have any of you (who knew Flash 5 really well) made the change to MX and been happy with it?

[Edited by neway on 05-10-2002 at 10:17 AM]

P III 650, 256 MB SDRAM,
    8 MB VRAM, 20 GB HDD,

No problems till date.