dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Version 3.6

I interested in finding out when the next version of 3DFA will be available. Any inside info.?

What new features?

Me too. Could we have a preview of what the 3.6 Version would entail?. what new feautures, bug fixed etc? What can we expect from the new version?. I saw a post saying that there would be increased internationalisation support. What more can we expect?.

I had read somewhere, maybe the help files, that in future the community would be able to extend the functionality through plugins through an open architecture. Is that in the works for the new release or in later versions ?.

Re: What new features?

Originally posted by BreakPoint
    Me too. Could we have a preview of what the 3.6 Version would entail?. what new feautures, bug fixed etc? What can we expect from the new version?. I saw a post saying that there would be increased internationalisation support. What more can we expect?.

I had read somewhere, maybe the help files, that in future the community would be able to extend the functionality through plugins through an open architecture. Is that in the works for the new release or in later versions ?.
    I'm not part of the Insane team but here is what I know..

3.6 we should expect
    improved stablity (already pretty good)
    Some minor bugs in the Javascripting fixed
    i.e. MouseX, MouseY not there. Accessing Clones in
    child movies. and a few others
    The Plugins May or may not be in this release but
    basically since the entire 3dfa interface is written in
    javascript, it should be fairly easy to implement.
    What you will do is write your plugin in javascript and
    here will be a handle to plug it in now.
    New Freehand Drawing tools

Thats about All I'm aware of.
    There are a few bugs we assume that are being taken care of as well. I'm afraid it's guys like me that keep finding new obscure ones that is delaying the release...

This is a great program except for the minor glitches of not rendering the same within 3DFA and externally in IE.

First I had problems with the positions of the elements (different positions within 3DFA and different in IE). Then I tried a masking example where the background is masked by some rectangle masks and the background behind is moving and then loops back. So its like having a window and u can see the scenery(the background) moving through them. IT works fine in 3DFA but in IE browswer the background after moving off the border the background comes over the mask.(instead of being behind it). I hope they fix such bugs. It is frustrating when u create something and when it doesnt render properly in the browser.

Otherwise an absolutely great value program. Eagerly waiting for the next version. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by BreakPoint
    This is a great program except for the minor glitches of not rendering the same within 3DFA and externally in IE.

First I had problems with the positions of the elements (different positions within 3DFA and different in IE). Then I tried a masking example where the background is masked by some rectangle masks and the background behind is moving and then loops back. So its like having a window and u can see the scenery(the background) moving through them. IT works fine in 3DFA but in IE browswer the background after moving off the border the background comes over the mask.(instead of being behind it). I hope they fix such bugs. It is frustrating when u create something and when it doesnt render properly in the browser.

Otherwise an absolutely great value program. Eagerly waiting for the next version. Fingers crossed.
    Here is a way to defeat this problem.

Whenever you want to test your file, export it to a WORKING folder and test it in the browser. This way you won't have to worry about whether or not it will work in the browser.

All of the minor glitches have work arounds.
    Like the menu button problem.