A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Party in San Fran!

Cool

What do you guys think of this idea?
    All the Flashkit Board members that are going to the conference get to get together and party!

Open for suggestions!
    Let me know!

-EE

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

Talking

Well I'm keen!

Thumbs up

I'm coming too, when and where ?
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000012.swf" quality=high WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=40 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Question

When is everyone getting there? I will be flying in on Saturday night. As for where, there are almost 2000 bars in the San Fran area, so I would guess the closest one to the the center. We can decide when we get there. If anyone wants to contact me when we get there, or before, I can be reached at 610-563-6177. Below is a directory of bars in the San Fran Area.
    http://bayarea.citysearch.com/San_Fr...od_Drink/Bars/

-EE

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Yeah 2000 bars in San Francisco. I'll be in one of the three straight bars in town. See you all there. If not well,... I wont see you. Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Cool

Fennel and I get in from Sydney on the Saturday and are staying the week. We are staying in Nob Hill and will be armed with our laptops, so we will have access to e-mail, etc.

I am all for the papal tour, sounds like the Pope has blessed many a bar in SF!

Talking

I too will be armed with a laptop and email access. e_emmons@hotmail.com
    I will be staying in the Fairmont, 1 block away. Maybe sunday we can all get together?!

Pope: When are you getting there?

-EE

[This message has been edited by eric (edited 11 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by eric (edited 11 March 2000).]

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Im flying in on flight 45 US Air. On Sunday, I get in at 950 am. I'm planing to have a look around. Then head to the fishermans warf for dinner. I am staying at the marriott across or down the street from you. I head out on friday morning. Dont want to fly on April fools day. he he he. I plan to bring a laptop and a digital camcorder so we can do some interviews and what not from the confrence for the site. You still game Mark? We could even encode it while we are there and post it in the morning. Kinda like the Sydney to Hobart deal. (just not live) Hope my new notebook with the firewire comes in before we leave. See you all there. If anyone wants to get together on Sunday drop me a line. We'll hook up. Regards, Bill

------------------

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Talking

Pope,

9:50 am EST or PST? Sounds like we will all be free on Sunday! We could all meet around noon in front of Nob Hill? Let me know what you guys think.

-EE

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Thats PST. Sure, nob hill at high noon. Like the OK Corral. Where on Nob Hill? Sombody get a map. See you guys then. Regards, Bill

------------------

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Exclamation

I'll throw a map together, but I need addresses for the Hotels you guys are staying in.

-EE

Thumbs up

Sunday sounds good! just let me know, once you have your charts and time zones worked out

Arrow

Sunday at noon (PST) in front of the main entrance of the Conference Center. Everyone should be able to find it, I hope. See you all there!

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000094.swf" quality=high WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

We will be staying here
    San Francisco Tusan Inn 425 Northpoint Street San Francisco

Phone 415 561 1100

We will see you Nob Hill Sunday Arvo, wait for us!! We will be all smiles and accents!

Mark

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000011.swf" quality=high WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=40 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Cool

I will be staying in the Fairmont, 950 Mason Street. 415-772-5000 is the number to the hotel but I can be reached on a direct line at 610-563-6177.

I decided not to make a map to post. I figure if we can't find the Conference Center then we are in trouble!

See you there!
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000094.swf" quality=high WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Question

Is it just the 4 of us?

-EE

Talking

Count me and Kel in !

See you there.

Many of your users will not be arriving until the dinner hour of Sunday.
    Would you consider choosing a drinking establishment prior to Sunday such that we may follow the URL (Universal Refreshment Location) to where you will be?

Steve and Mark get in on Friday!
    Our number is on this post above!
    We will post on this Thread on Friday where we will be that night!

We welcome all URL offers!

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000011.swf" quality=high WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=40 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Absolute must sees:
    1. Lou's Blues
    It's upsstairs from some restaurant whos name I forgot. It's on Jefferson near the Wharf. I cannot yet find an exact address. Everyone in SF knows about it. Very tiny bar but huge on atmosphere and always wonderful music.

2. The Buena Vista
    The original Irish coffee bar.--on Hyde right next to Ghiradelli Square. Nice place to grab a snack and pound a few on your way to Lou's.