dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: irronic accident, what to do ?

eh... It sounds a little irronic...
    a few minutes ago i was drinking som apple juice while
    increasing the ram memory of my apple G4. By accident i pured some over the mainbard...
    what is the best thing to do now. some of the juice came in some slots... should i just let it dry ore try to clean it a little, because else it gets sticky and the slots maybe unuseful....

I once dumped an entire milk shake down the back of my TV. I was adjusting something behind the tv and had my shake on top of it... it shook and dumped over, all of it quickly went through the vents in the back. I immediately turned it off, stuck it out on my back porch to dry out. I turned it on 2 weeks later and it worked for another year.

Originally posted by nollieflip
    I once dumped an entire milk shake down the back of my TV. I was adjusting something behind the tv and had my shake on top of it... it shook and dumped over, all of it quickly went through the vents in the back. I immediately turned it off, stuck it out on my back porch to dry out. I turned it on 2 weeks later and it worked for another year.
    but also smelled like warm milk or sick for the that year!

I put a can of lager in the cooker once after I had accidently left the lager in the freezer overnight. I thought 5 minutes in the cooker as gas mark 5 would defrost it a little. Then I got sucked into having a race or two with a couple of mates on Gran Turismo 3...............

about 15 minutes later we heard the loudest BOOM you could ever imagine, we thought somebody was kicking their way in through the front door. Then I went into the kitchen to see that the can of lager had exploded, flown 15 feet across the kitchen whilst taking the front of the cooker with it good job it wasn't my cooker (rented house)

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    wash out with water before it dries. then let the water dry. May want to give apple tech support a call. they could use a laugh.

dont try to dryclean a keyboard with a hairdryer after a bottle of bacardi breezer fell on it ... it will never work again ...

water will dry out without the stickyness, so washing with water is a lot safer. No residue and less damage.

i got a screw stuck in an old mobo and it never worked again