• Price: $45.00 (USD)
    • ISBN: 0735709491

Enjoy!

------------------
    Eric Emmons
    Merrill Lynch
    User Interface Design

Angry

Where´s flash books with some info for advanced users?!?!? I got the "FLASH for windows&Macintosh,Katherine Ulrich"

What peice of junk! the book consisted of 300 pages...the last 20 was useful... It it cost a few *kronors* too.

------------------
    My passion, My love.
    Design is my life.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000229.swf" quality=high WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=100 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Thanks

------------------
    My passion, My love.
    Design is my life.

I hate to be like this but my opinion on Flash4Magic is not as great as yours eric. I actully got it the other night and I don't like it at all....CD has some cool utilities but its noting you can't download...they are all demos pretty much anyways. The book is ok...not advanced really...talks about around 20 basic things to make...like Games, Lava Lamp, Poll, Jukebox...etc

I personally thought it was a waste of 40 bucks...if your doing animation there is a book out there about flash 4 that is excellent...I forget the name...its big white and the company also makes Bryce 4 and 3D Studio Max books...

Other then that I dunno...I think the lack of "Advanced" flash books is because in reality, advanced flash is ASP/PHP scripting and the like, or really odd ActionScript that is way to hard to explain in writing.

Mook

Exclamation

Well, I know pretty much about animations, thats not what im after, I would like to get inteo some heavey scripts, Learning advanced varible techniques etc...

------------------
    My passion, My love.
    Design is my life.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000229.swf" quality=high WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=100 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Unhappy

i dont think that book exists yet. if it does, its either not in english or my bookstore doesnt have it yet ;-). so untill then, ill just dismantle .flas and write it down in my notebook.

------------------
    la'dsasha
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001097.swf" quality=high WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Beyond the Sea

Lightbulb

I agree with the above statements. Probably the best resource for learning actionscripting and the advanced flash features is this site, and sites like this.

Power to the people!

Rich
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00002250.swf" quality=high WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

so.. is this the first post in the CL? anybody still here that was around when they opened the CL? Gerbick, etc.. ?

i learned flash from this website with a little help from a flash MX actionscript book by William Sanders which was a nice refrence to have.

this site is definatly the best for learning though

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    I agree. Flash Kit is the best place to learn Flash

Originally posted by flashpenguin
    so.. is this the first post in the CL? anybody still here that was around when they opened the CL? Gerbick, etc.. ?
    What makes you think that this was the first post?

here's an even earlier one
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...=9834#post9834

And why even bump this thread?

Don't bump oldies kids... it confuses some of our more elderly members...