A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Macromedia wins injuction

Macromedia today announced that a San Francisco jury ruled in favor of the software developer in a counterclaims patent suit against archrival Adobe Systems. Macromedia is expected to ask the court for an immediate injunction against Adobe to prevent further infringement of its patents, relating to blended elements and automatic re-blending features, allegedly infringed upon by the Adobe Illustrator suite. $4.8 million was awarded by the court in damages, Adobe will likely appeal the ruling. This comes on the heels of a ruling, in another case, that favored Adobe on similar claims of patent infringement against Macromedia. Macromedia is expected to appeal for an overturn of the $2.8M Adobe victory and is pressing forward with another case against Adobe, scheduled for 2003.

story here

Ok... now, who's confused?

<raises hand>

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    man thats some twisted stuff

The Minister of No Crap

gerbick, you're the man for getting the scoop.

-scott

go macro go go

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    all that money been wasted. imagine what they could both doto there products if they invested that cash in improving stuff .....

adobe started it.. hehehe
    anyways because Adobe started such thing it must have a big confidence on winning, so i guess there will be a counter-

OK... I'm just waiting for it... at first, everyone was dissing Adobe for wanting to patent software methods, and now that Macromedia is firing up the old bandwagon, everyone's jumping on board!
    Just great! It reminds me of football fans... If my team gets called for a penalty, I'm yelling at the other team, but if the other team gets called for the same penalty, surely they deserved it!

It's just fun to watch... people's allegiences cause them to flop like a fish!

The Minister of No Crap

lol.

No doubt, Jay. I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't in a mean enough mood to post it. I'm glad you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

-scott

Muwahahahhahahaha!

Vote for your dog
    Some software lawyers are probably laughing at all this and planning what colour their new Mercedes are going to be.

Originally posted by Orkar
    Some software lawyers are probably laughing at all this and planning what colour their new Mercedes are going to be.
    lol! Words of wisdom!
    Ain't it funny?