dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help!

Is there a way to make a movie with a scrollbar on your right? I did it once before and no cant' do it anymore! I hope someone can help me...thanks.

resolved Option

Originally posted by meleonor
    Is there a way to make a movie with a scrollbar on your right? I did it once before and no cant' do it anymore! I hope someone can help me...thanks.
    Hi!
    I’ve created a Vert Scroll Bar, is very possible that it doesn’t fulfill its expectations, it’s only an idea.

In order to create the Scroll Bar it makes the following thing:

The Gray bar is a Paint Object
    I added layer20 and within this I placed a Text and an Image.
    The button’s Bar is a Picture Button, that responds to a MouseX and MouseY events
    I used List of Actions that runs to 40 times per second.
    http://www.blender.island.3dup.net/IFA/Actions.jpg

Example.
    http://www.blender.island.3dup.net/IFA/movie_98.html

Surely in next versions of 3DFA we pruned to count on Drag events that they allow to limit the Movement only in X or Y

If You place, the Cursor on the bar in a area where it is not the button, the image and the button jumps to that position.

To create a scale between the Height of Bar and the Height of the Layer. Scale=Hlayer/Hbar, this is the value of displacement upwards(-) or downwards(+).

Joseph

Into3dFA Site

Originally posted by meleonor
    If you look at
    http://deadyeti.com/into3dfa/ you should find more than one example of this.

making a scroll bar element

I worked on this a little last night and am near to working it out.

Basically what I've done is to construct the scrollbar out of button elements one for the background, one for the slider, and two for the arrows top and bottom.

In the button action for the slider I set a variable flag as to whether to allow it to be dragged.In the arrow buttons action I move the slider up and down if it is still within the background button. In a list of actions I look to see it the button is pushed down via the flag I set and if it is and the slider is withing the background button I move it on the y axis to match the mouse. In the background button I check to see if I've clicked above or below the slider and and move accordingly if slider is within background.

I am having a little trouble figuring out the limits and how it releates to the layer I want to scroll, but I'm sure I can get there.

By the way the mouseX() mouseY() functions in javascript don't work in the current version so I'm getting them in the actions instead.

If I get this working I'll post it.