A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hey Guys I goda problem with fullscreen fscommand

Hi all, I've a little problem, and if you'll help me with this i guess we'll be friends and i'll be very thankful.

I got a web project and it's on air, i want browser to make it fullscreen, i added the FSCommand go fullscreen true, but it works only on my computer in swf format, i placed it on server but my f$5#@ internet explorer didn't get that command and it didn't go fullscreen, it stayed with it's 800 600 resolution, so can you help me please to make it fullscreen in internet nore in my computer plz.

you will need to do a google search for javascript full screen script. the FScommand is for the flash player (standalone) only.

Here's the javascript code that goes in the htm page (call the javascript with through flash or a standard htm link):

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    open("yourhtml.html","Window", "toolbar=no,userbar=no,location=no,status=no,menub ar=no,fullscreen=yes");
    // -->

you will note that 'fullscreen=yes' makes the ie window go full screen...

i believe the code in flash to call it is:

getURL(javascript: open());

remove the spaces i have between the : and open in the code above..flashkit makes one of those happy faces when a : and o are together...

remember the flash you want to appear goes in the yourhtml.html page...

hope this helps

Smile

Hey man, thanx a lot for helping me, but I ain't get that javascript stuff, can you tell it step by step please if you can. Thanx anyway.

Have two html pages, one for the flash and one for the launch page.

In the first html file, we'll call it index.html, have this code between your <head> </head> code:

---------------------------------------
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    open("yourflashhtml.html","window", "toolbar=no,userbar=no,location=no,status=no,menub ar=no,fullscreen=yes");
    // -->
    </script>

---------------------------------------

in your 2nd html page, we'll call it yourflashhtml.html, have the following code (also between the <head></head>:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript">
    <!--
    function winclose()
    {
    window.close()
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

in this html page also include your flash movie, in the code, have the height and width of the flash movie set to 100%

The window.close javascript allows your users to close the window since by making it full screen you've just hidden the close button in internet explorer.
    You could have a standard html link to call the javascript to close you window as:

<a href="javascript:winclose()">Close Window</a>

or as a button in flash:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:winclose()");
    }

hope this helps..