A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Java Script issues in Netscape

I have recently designed my portfolio, the html pages have no java script and the button on the index page is a simple "on release get url".

The site works perfect in IE, but when I try to view it in Netscape I get an error 2 mesage and then it crashes Netscape, I have had friends try it on their computers but they get the same problem.

I have noticed that when you press on the enter button a new window opens and in the bottom left hand side of the page it says "starting java".

I just can't work it out, Please help

the address is http://www.aaronbennettdesigns.co.uk

Thanks in advance

What version of netscape?

version 4 I think.

Im sure its the latest version, with the latest plug-in

i dont understand, when looking at your html code you have no Javascript code embedded in it. Is it in the code within Flash? and if so what is it intended to do? The only other thing i noticed is that you get bounced to soulassains.something.somethingelse why are you forwarded to this domain? and is it neccessary?

Plus, we all must remember Netscape blows chunks when using javascript with flash.
    actually it gets blows chunks altogether.

let me know if I can help you any

Russ

There is no java script in the swf that I know about - just standard flash scriptng like get url and fs commands, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The reason you get forwarded to that address is because thats where my site is situated - I purchased the domain name and had web forwarding set up to my free space.

I hate netscape with a passion, but you have to cater for the few as well as the many.