dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to use a font in a movie

I am working on a project for which I downloaded a font called “ThSwiss”. My problem is when I play this movie (.exe file) in other pc’s the font changes to Times New Roman (since the font “ThSwiss” is not installed in that pc.) I would like to know is there any way by which I can use this font without installing them in all the pc. I would like my file to be a standalone file. Like is there a way where in we can call the font file into my movie so that it becomes embedded .

Hope you got me. Waiting for your reply…..

Thanks & Regards
    Mini

Will Flash for food.
    To the best of my knowledge, in the text options dialog under the text options tab you must choose dynamic text from the drop down selector. Some buttons will be shown; select the button which corresponds to your text (ie. embed capitals, lower case, etc, or the whole font.)

Just an after-thought, try just making your text a symbol and that may solve your problem as well. Not 100% sure on that, but I think that may fix it.

Hope this helps,

winstun

Thank you. But giving it dynamic option did not work out. Instead static option worked out.