dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macromedia is using YOU to leech and spy

All Flash Browser

Hi HereNT,

I personally don't allude to a Flash Only browser, however some people might and it'd be really easy to create.

I personally use VB - there's a Flash ocx which can be used easily to display the content, and being a Microsoft IDE, all of the ocx's that make up the IE browser.

It would really be a matter of drag and drop, and a bit of binding code - why don't you have go

Dan.

I'm probably not smart enough. I just finally started wrapping my head around a lot of the scripting/programming aspects of Flash - definatly not doing any VB or anything yet. But if it's easy, I guess I could give it a go...

I'm assuming that you'd probably have to define a somewhat standard format and a component "window" that loaded in swfs from different domains. Then it's probably just a matter of setting up a database somewhere that the projector would access to know what swfs were available to import? Then all you'd need is a form for people to enter the keywords, title and address of their files so users could find them....

I dunno - does that sound like it's kind of going in the right direction?

Sorry to get this thread off topic... should probably start a new one...

This is a beta server for new software from Macromedia coming out in a few months that will allow video/audio streaming apps online. No databases or anything like that.

I was thinking of the database for if you were making a Flash-based web browser - you'd need to maintain a list somewhere of sites that were allowing their content to be displayed in the browser. You could use one of those "evil" shared objects, but you'd fill up the default 100k pretty quick...

Thats not possible. Can't create a Flash document that loads a HTML page that has images, Flash, JavaScript, ect... Plus, if you could load one that has all that, you can't load things outside of your domain name.

But I am working on ways around it (well, thinking at the moment then the work starts!!!!)

Flowser

HereNT,

We're definately going well off thread on this one, but if you really wanted to do it, all you'd have to do is create the app' that only viewed swf's, and a website with a flash based, flash only search engine.

What a thread hijacking if I've ever seen one... which I have. Back to the normal topic, if or if not Macromeida Flash Player 6 is spyware. Your thoughts?

Re: Great Discourse

Originally posted by Vmusic
    Wake Up People.... Data and Information is the <u>last true great frontier</u> and it's being stolen by thieves and crooks with tools like?
    I thought Space was the last frontier.

I was kind of disapointed that slashdot posted the article without checking their facts.

I have posted some info clearing up some of the misperceptions in that article:
    http://radio.weblogs.com/0106797/2002/05/13.html#a77

mike chambers

mesh@macromedia.com