A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help help help, i'm pulling my hair out!

just to quickly outline the problem

need two buttons (next and previous) which can control a tweened timeline by playing the playhead backwards and forwards but will also stop at certain keframes to allow the user to read the content.

i don't want to use the old 'reverse frames' trick.

can anyone help?
    ste

//////////below_ is the actual problem i have

lets say my movie clip is called 'myMC'

myMC has 40 frames and two layers

layer one has the text context i want to scroll. it will scroll top to bottom. the text content has four 'sections' these are;

text one
    text two
    text three
    text four

layer one (still inside "myMC') has 4 keyframes, the text content is a symbol which is tweened between 4 keyframes (over the 40 frames of the timeline) to make it look like it is scrolling, when masked.

layer two is a mask
    this masks off all the text content, so the viewer can only see one section at a time.

where do the buttons need to go? On the _root timeline or can they be inside "myMC' i only want two buttons controlling the text content, next and previous.

i need the buttons to be intellegent enough to know where the user is on the (myMC)time line so they can scroll the text content up and down.

the scrolling is simulated because all i want to do is make the buttons play the tween forwards or backwards and stop at the right place.

can you help?

i would be very very grateful if anyone could offer a solution to this problem, i've been tearing my hair out for four days on this one!

ste

Try making two tweens.. like, one up- (or left-) and one down- (or right-)wards..

then a bit of gotoAndPlay will do the trick! and stops, of course!

good luck!

(Hmm, that might have been a stupid solution, I may not have understood your problem..)

Thanks for the email, stephen.. No, I didn't think it was rude at all, I was afraid that I was misunderstanding you (as I said..)

Anyway!

I think I have the perfect code for you!

http://www.friserverplads.dk/forcer/move.zip

Get it, and try it!

And if it works, dont thank me, I found that somewhere on the net..