dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: another go at a logo

This is to be for a portfolio site that is pure html. And it should communicate crisp professionalism....

What do you think?

edit:

and this one is for my cartooning.

[Edited by Cion on 09-30-2000 at 07:57 AM]

top logo:

i'd use a different font. that one isn't really strong enough. i'd also tilt the circle a little less and move both words closer to center. perhaps have them set up so that the baseline of project and the line at the top of the lower case letters are even. the words are a little too seperate in my opinion. they should be attached to each other a little more. i'd also consider knocking out the gradient on the circles and simplifying the line a little. i guess the name should be the attention getter.

i like having the outer circle disconnected at the dots.

i can't tell what the second logo is shooting to convey. and i'd consider brighter colors.

re top logo: Gotcha.

re bottom logo:

Vellll, my new footer has got that logo in it now a little altered. Does it look alright?

Cion-

My thought on your logo is that you have a very distinctive look to your art and your footer logo doesn't capture that as well as it could.

Maybe just the Cion and the face you use would be more effective? I'd try to incorporate your art into the logo a bit more. I do like the altered logo more and it it going towards my suggestion (if it's not there already).

Hope this helped.

Yes. Thank you for taking the time to answer this lonely thread.

And I'll get around to working on a real footer soon. Do I need a logo as a freelancer btw? Is it just unnecessary? I guess it would make more ppl look at my site if I had a good logo as opposed to plain text.... Well I think I answered my own question.....