A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash navigation and Mac issue

Hello all,

I created a flash navigation tool that resides in a frame on an html page. It loads all of the links in a new window. On another frame I have a few links which open in the non-flash frame. On Internet Explorer 5.1 on a Macintosh, when the non-flash frame is changed, the flash disappears. It gradually reappears as I roll over it. Has anyone heard of this issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks

IE sucks. I'm guessing that's the browser you tested it in. I have that issue with lots of sites, flash or non-flash. However it doesn't happen all the time. It has something to do with Microsoft and how they wrote the browser. It's annoying as hell also. I have many other browsers if you want me test it out in something else.

Twister

I've tested in on IE and Netscape for PC and it works fine. It also works fine for Netscape for the Mac. I'm just wondering if there is a Flash 6 player issue for the Mac/IE that I can't find any documentation on.

Thanks for the offer to help.

I honestly think it's just IE on a mac. I don't think it has anything to do with flash itself. Especially because i've seen it happen on HTML pages. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it inthe future.

Twister