A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help & Interest for ALL

Talking

xup878

are you really as stupid as u seem or even more stupid? j/w since u didn't get any of it.
    As for rest of you I said it b4 and I will say it again, my starting work is on my site as posted on the starting of this thread.
    peaople like xup878 care very little about actually reading the tread but pay very little attention to the attachments. Sorry xup878 but u just seem to try to burn me the most. If you ppl are trying to get me to leave FK b4 I actually get to know ppl, you guys might wanna try harder and if that not ur goal plz be a little more nicer. When I first posted this thread a while back xup878 replied to it and showed some interest in it, I never cpntacted him due to some reasons and sorry about that. but that does not mean you should come and flame me all you can. If you ppl are seriously interested in this and cannot get the info of my site, plz contact me and I will show u some of my work if u cannot get it of the site.
    That would be all for now, peace out till than.

A tip - it's best not to bite the hand that feeds you, or in this case, does your work for you.

No one is trying to drive you away from the boards. What we are looking to do is establish the idea that neither you or anyone else (don't take it personally) can get something for nothing.

What we have been looking for is some work which you have done to demonstrate that you are dedicated to the project as much as someone else had been, rather than becoming confrontational whenever anyone asks to see your work.

I would readily collaborate with a bunch of the regular posters because they are not only giving back to the community, but because I have seen their work in arenas like the Picture exchange, and know that they do high-caliber work.

I took the time to check out your site, and apart from a thumbnail storyline and some broken links to a portfolio, I had little to encourage me apart from your reassurances of how cool it will be. Now, that's not to say that you don't do great work, but actions speak louder than words. And so far, most of your words have been slagging off other members. Not a good way to build a working relationship.

When I'm considering an agency to hire, I expect a certain level of professionalism from them. Either they produce, or they don't get hired. And that's work. If I was going to donate my free time to a project, I would want to know that it was going places, because I've been involved in too many which die when the originator loses intrest after a month, or realizes how much hard work goes into making a quality animation.

So, if you want people to cinsider working on the project, let's see some of those storyboards you've got. Get people excited about the project, instead of giving the impression that you don't want to go out of your way, and that people should feel obligated to contact you.

I, for one, hope you do make something, and make it great. I always love seeing ideas come to fruition, and enjoy watching a good animation. But you are going to have to accept that it is a lot of hard work to get a project off the ground, and it doesn't get any easier from there.

Phew, this was a long post. Johnie would be proud

my scanner is kindda busted so no story boards can be oresented right now, those thumbnails are character profiles and they are in flash, they rotate. I cannot take crap which I dunnot desrve, so it doesn't matter if u think I am not being professional by not taking crap.
    Its perfectly fine if u don't wanna contribute.

Originally posted by Jot99
    those thumbnails are character profiles and they are in flash, they rotate.

I cannot take crap which I dunnot desrve, so it doesn't matter if u think I am not being professional by not taking crap.
    They look like standard Poser models output as .swf. The playback is kind of choppy too - they should be optimized in Flash.

As for the second part, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm a moderator on this board. And I don't like having to deal with anyone's crap. If you have a problem with a specific member, take it up via e-mail, telephone, or tossing rocks through each other's windows. But keep it off the boards.

And if you honestly feel like you don't deserve the comments which were made, explain yourself or prove yourself rather than making attacks. Everyone here is treated equally - good or bad. This is a public forum.

And I'll ask everyone else who is not interested in participating not to post in this thread anymore. That way it can get back on the focus of your recruiting efforts, and if people aren't interested, it will sink down the boards (though probably at 1/1000 of any post in the Coffee Lounge. )

official system error
    jot, I tried your homepage and it didn't work...
    index.asp takes to a not found page...

Originally posted by Jot99
    are you really as stupid as u seem or even more stupid? j/w since u didn't get any of it.
    defiently more stupid
    u want us to do your work for free right?
    normally a collaboration has some sort of footing before other members join..
    e.g i show someone a plan of what i want to do, maybe a few character mdoels.. etc?

dont flame me, i'm only here to look pretty

Hey, CNO - can I use that Flash MX crack sig for another board I go to? (just asking - don't want to rip it off)

Originally posted by xup878
    [B
    dont flame me, i'm only here to look pretty [/B]
    pretty boy..

Go outside a knock Xup off his bike

Originally posted by chrisvo69er
    Hey, CNO - can I use that Flash MX crack sig for another board I go to? (just asking - don't want to rip it off)
    Sure!

You mean you clicked through? Shame on you!

Originally posted by CNO
    Originally posted by chrisvo69er
    Sure!

i've just sent the email for a laugh........hang on someone's knocking at the front door........"hello....thats me...what!!....hey!where you taking me??...

Random Footer

hey guys. I have a slight problem here and hope maybe u experts could help me out since you guys handle with footers.
    You see, i wanted to create a random footer for my webpage and so i refered to the tutorial which is at
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Fl...71/index.shtml

invain, it did not work out, so i contacted the author itself but there has been no reply. I couldn't really understand what was missing. please help. And btw, CTRL+ALT+DEL, is there any tutorial on how to learn to make the eyes move just like your footer?

Thanks
    Curiosity got the better of me

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del
    jot, I tried your homepage and it didn't work...
    index.asp takes to a not found page...
    please contact me and I will show u, ur night might be breaking connections with the site or something.
    and xup878 I did present my idea and part of work, but I don't think ur interested in it.

official system error
    Originally posted by xup878
    defiently more stupid
    dont flame me, i'm only here to look pretty
    ROFL
    Xup u look really pretty, don't worry

Jot, what about your website???

-edit-

woah we posted at the same time! scared
    btw why should I contact u??? Can't I just click on "homepage" ?

"ur night might be breaking connections with the site or something"

What's the meaning of this???????????!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    I think I can call this "excuses" but errrr.... who knows? (yeah.. who?)

and...
    STOP insulting XUP or...... hem..... I'll do nothing because I actually CAN'T do nothing .... but... eeerr.... XUP is my friend so: just stop it!
    [Edited by Ctrl+Alt+Del on 05-17-2002 at 09:03 AM]

it has all the main info.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    woa cad i didn't know u had such feelings for him

all i was saying was that when i went to your site there were no storyboards, no concept art only the same story you gave here... and that people like to have more than a story before they start helping out (u know how long it takes to animate right?)
    hey i could make up a story right now... then find some sucker to do it all for me... sweet

oh and thanks CAD... u know i'm #1 in the fan club

I agree on that, but if ppl are interested and contact me I can show them the progress so far.

official system error
    Man, *I'M* your #1 fan
    Jot I sent u an email...

official system error
    ...and I still haven't get any reply...
    I smell something fishy