A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Head Hurts

FLESRUOYLLIK
    What do you think?

jedi knight for flash
    Not bad, i liked it very much for it's very simple and fast.
    Why you did a fullscreen window even if the swf dosen't expand?

valar78

FLESRUOYLLIK

cheers

I like fullscreen.

resolved

I liked very much, but i really hate fullscreen.

It might be nice. I'd have to be able to see it to know.

Full screen + tiny fonts + a background and font colors that blend together = Hard to read.

From what I could make out, it did seem pretty decent though. I just don't think I should have to use an electron microscope to see the site. I'm only at 1024x768 resolution.

The pre-loader should disappear after you enter the main site.

The items in the "Sketches" section take a looooooong time to load. I doubt it's because of the quality, because they're rather blurry and low quality. The first item in the "Sketches" section was high quality (the female face), but it must've taken you 300 frames to alpha tween it so it was visible. It really shouldn't take 15 seconds to be able to see a jpg (I'm not even counting download time).

Is the site advertising the SX1 graphic design company, or is it just an excuse to have a personal homepage? I think it's rather strange you give a physical description of yourself on a site that's supposed to be about a company. Do they really care what you look like? Did you ask for your butcher's dimensions before buying a roast from them?

Your logo could use some work. The pixelated "X" went out of style when Bill Gates was still in high school.

In my opinion, this site should not be in the member's sites section. I think if it was larger (for a start), it would be a very good start.

FLESRUOYLLIK

cheers

Originally posted by knomraski
    It might be nice. I'd have to be able to see it to know.

Full screen + tiny fonts + a background and font colors that blend together = Hard to read.

From what I could make out, it did seem pretty decent though. I just don't think I should have to use an electron microscope to see the site. I'm only at 1024x768 resolution.

The pre-loader should disappear after you enter the main site.

The items in the "Sketches" section take a looooooong time to load. I doubt it's because of the quality, because they're rather blurry and low quality. The first item in the "Sketches" section was high quality (the female face), but it must've taken you 300 frames to alpha tween it so it was visible. It really shouldn't take 15 seconds to be able to see a jpg (I'm not even counting download time).

Is the site advertising the SX1 graphic design company, or is it just an excuse to have a personal homepage? I think it's rather strange you give a physical description of yourself on a site that's supposed to be about a company. Do they really care what you look like? Did you ask for your butcher's dimensions before buying a roast from them?

Your logo could use some work. The pixelated "X" went out of style when Bill Gates was still in high school.

In my opinion, this site should not be in the member's sites section. I think if it was larger (for a start), it would be a very good start.
    thanks for the review, I really appreciate honest reviewers, I am concerned about the preloader staying on screen, that should disappear as soon as its loaded enough content to move off the first frame, can't see how it could logically stay on screen, but anyway, was a good review, though alot of what you're criticising is actually meant to be like that - I like that people wait ages to download one tiny JPG, I like that it's a really basic pixellated logo, its all about minimalism and what you're screen can look like, I like that there isn't much content - people are more likely to look at the whole thing if there isn't much there, I was sick of all the garish colours and info overload of the rest of the web, and yes it is just an excuse to have a site, if i look for a new job it shows what I like and can do, and it is also a bit of breathing space in the ugly world of the internet, maybe somebody will listen to my music and maybe would want me to do a bit of graphic work for them, who knows? its all just a bit of fun
    cheers w