dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: --------Site Check Please--------

Hi all. I really need some feedback on a flash advertisement I am making for a Performance Car Parts reseller.
    I would love some info on how the movie loads/looks/feels on different machines and with different browsers. I had someone tell me there was some problems when viewed on a MAC. So if anyone can give me some MAC feedback also, I would greatly appreciate. All critiques are welcome.

http://www.autoscope-motorsports.com/eventopener.html

Thanks in advance.
    Keep up the good work all.

B

Originally posted by bmartin46
    Hi all. I really need some feedback on a flash advertisement I am making for a Performance Car Parts reseller.
    I would love some info on how the movie loads/looks/feels on different machines and with different browsers. I had someone tell me there was some problems when viewed on a MAC. So if anyone can give me some MAC feedback also, I would greatly appreciate. All critiques are welcome.

http://www.autoscope-motorsports.com/eventopener.html

Looks okay. Not wild about the colors. Some of the alignments are off. Road animation good. That loop has got to go. That is the 3,844,674,346,268,892,587 time I've heard that on a webiste.

Nice work.

Thanks in advance.
    Keep up the good work all.

B

Would really love some machine/browser specs. I'm not too concerned about the sound loop. Any help would be great.

Thanks

anyways...

hmmm...

Only individuals who are 13 years old or greater need to reply.

Thanks anyway f_critic.

Hi,
    no problem on my mac...

I'd try to make the design more like http://www.Autoscope-Motorsports.com/
    I would use the same colors (your yellow is different), use white background, put some red and greytones in.
    I would use another soundloop, this one is pretty annoying (lame).
    I would remove the road animation. it fills nearly half the swf for "nothing".
    I would make the links bigger.

Sorry, but I think you missed the target of the advertisement.
    The feeling is relaxed driving, but the company has a business in tuning cars... speed, power, performance and so on.

ciao
    m

Re: Re: anyways...

I'm not a web designer, and I don't plan on being one. This is just a hobby for me. I too, have a 'college degree'. In information systems actually, honors, masters, etc..... not a big deal. I want no friction man and I offered no attitude before.

All I wanted was some machine specs and info on how the page loaded.

Thanks for all the replies.

Okay, there is no reason to get upset. The people who reply are used to giving and getting critisism. It's part of why we post here.

The site is fine. I would suggest making the images change faster to go along with the vibe of the road going by.

I'm on a Mac G4, dual processor and it loaded fine.

Josh