dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The more comments the better!

I have almost finished my portflolio site
    Please take a look and let me know your opinions.

Banned
    i like it..nothing really bad to say..i personally would add some nice music to the backround..

i would have enjoyed some relaxing music while i was going thru your portfolio..

have fun..

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    the colors were nice.

the navigation was creative...never seen it quite like that. although to less experience (*ahem* stupid) users you might want to indicate that thats the nav. also it felt kinda 'floaty' with no borders if u understand that.

windows 2000, IE6

The good

- I like yout unique use of colors.
    - Your preloader looks sweet
    - You have nice work too by the way
    - I also like the little "-" you leave when people have already visited the page

My suggestions

- Maybe sometype of little boxes around each piece of work on the navigator on the right, like other comments here, I think alot of users will have problems.

other then that my one suggestion, I think your portfolio is great

FK's Super Loquacious Randomite ad_mtk2's Avatar
    ‡‡ Calgary, AB ‡‡ Born of bread in Bristol, UK
    great use of colour, and the design is very clean. love how everything seems to run so smoothely. The loading sequences are ace with what looks like a razor blade handel. slightly unique. however i would just change the colour of the 7th bar (the white one) as it seems to move away from the colour scheme a little, although it's nearly there. I agree that it should be a lighter colour, but not quite white. I'm not sure what those 4 horizontal lines are at the top of the page. if they were secret buttons, then that would add mystery to the site, however they are static, what are they?? Some of the fonts are not the same, but i know that you havn't finished yet.

Other than that, a very smoothe, clean and sophisticated site with problems in the range minor to none.

Well done, keep up the good work

Wow thanks for the fast and good remarks.

Indeed, it needs some music but I’m still searching for an appropriate sound.

The four horizontal lines are used to keep a balance otherwise I would get too many remarks concerning the ‘floating’ atmosphere of the presentation of my work. Already a lot of remarks were made concerning this topic.
    These 4 lines makes also an unit with the scrollbuttons and the clicked buttons on the right.

The little boxes around each piece of work for the previews is also a good remark. Ok, I’ll try it!

Your comments are always welcome and are much appreciated. Keep posting them.

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    I like what you've done. The animations is smooth and the images are laid out well. You may want to include how many images are in each set in the rollover description.

The colors work very well. They really bring out the work itself. I don't think it needs any music. Music will influence how people perceive your work, which you may not want to do.

The site is very easy to use once you play around with it some, but newer internet users may not know what to do. As simple as the site is people like labels and obvious buttons. If something could be incorperated that doesn't take away from the simplicity it would be helpful.

Nice site.

I just added a square with a line of 1px around the previews, and now it seems less floating.

who loves ya?
    It's very unique and well scripted, I don't like the fact that the text on #42 (the only one i noticed so far) is too long and goes into the lower menu and beyond. Otherwise dope stiley.

very slick! you have some great works! easy to nav and very clean. good luck ,
    peece,
    mel

Originally posted by ad_mtk2
    Some of the fonts are not the same, but i know that you havn't finished yet.
    Originally posted by padrotte
    I don't like the fact that the text on #42 (the only one i noticed so far) is too long and goes into the lower menu and beyond.

yes i know, the text on #41-42-51-52-61 and 94 isn't correct yet. I'm still working on the translations.
    anyway thx for your remarks.

FK's Super Loquacious Randomite ad_mtk2's Avatar
    ‡‡ Calgary, AB ‡‡ Born of bread in Bristol, UK
    i understand what you mean about the four lines now, does make sense, but maybe you could make them into mystic secret links anyway???

Nice site.

Box in the flash. Make the bg of the html page white.

Add some rollover sounds. Add some mellow music.

I like the navigational concept, not very straight forward though. May alienate some of the people you're trying to reach.

Good job.

i would just change the colour of the 7th bar (the white one) as it seems to move away from the colour scheme a little, although it's nearly there. I agree that it should be a lighter colour, but not quite white.
    ]
    &
    Originally posted by clifgriffin
    Box in the flash. Make the bg of the html page white.
    About the color thing: the white bar (7th), I choose for a white one to give some contrast with the rest. Also white, because it refers to architecture projects (models)
    But a white background (html-page) would cause too much contrast

i understand what you mean about the four lines now, does make sense, but maybe you could make them into mystic secret links anyway???
    You gave me a good hint and I’ll try to give it some function, but at the moment I’m not really sure what function I could give it. Anyway thx for the tip.
    If you have any suggestions, they are always welcome.

I just asked me the question if I shouldn’t make any transition on my previews (on the top right).
    All looks smooth except the thumbnails are a little bit static.
    What do you think? Should I implement the smooth transition like I did on the subnavigation also to the main navigation? (by this I mean that the main thumbnails would somehow scroll into a place as you mouseover different boxes in the main nav)