A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active Users and Hit Counter with ASP Backend

response.cookies("isuser").expires = DateAdd("m",3,now)

sorry got my args the wrong way round when I typed it out

this line adds 3 months to the current date/time so the user will have a cookie that will last for three months

is the swf in the same folder as the asp file ?

Viewing the source I see this..

same blank window...

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="/raicom.swf?Hits=7&Users=0"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#D0D0D0> <EMBED src="/raicom.swf?Hits=7&Users=0"

I seem to be getting the hits.. I am not sure about the users.

one fault I can see but im not sure if its realated to this messageboard is that in between hits and users you have &amp; rather than & take out the amp; and just leave the & that should pass the users in to flash correctly

you are not registering you as a user because you have a cookie on you computer that is telling your script you have already been to the site if you look in you tempory internet files you should see a cookie for localhost/ or whatever the site URL is you are working on delete this and it will register you as a user and count correctly

the src for the embed tag is /raicom.swf so your swf file will have to be in the root of your site and called raicom.swf is that correct ? if it is right click (crtl click on a mac) and does the menu say "loading movie..." ?

Finally, It works great now. i copied the asp script into my html file, then applied the PARAM values as specified.

Question? If I am testing this on my system, will the users be 0 or atleast 1?

When I view the page, I see the hits, but the users = 0.

you are not registering you as a user because you have a cookie on you computer that is telling your script you have already been to the site if you look in you tempory internet files you should see a cookie for localhost/ or whatever the site URL is you are working on delete this and it will register you as a user and count correctly

if you cant find it delete all your cookies since it will be one of them

Your help is greatly appreciated, I'll try to upload to my server and test from there for the active users. I cleared my TIF's and still get 0 users.

Any other suggestions. let me know..

Alright..

No matter what I do I still get 0 for users.