dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unstable hot zones

I'm putting together simple slide show using a button that clicks to the next view. In 3DFA it works fine. But exported as a .swf file in Flash4 Player, the hot zone for the button is tiny and off to the side of the button icon. I've tried expanding the hot zone with a filled black rectangle in the hot zone button state, but there's no improvement. Ideas, anyone???? Thanks in anticipation.

Originally posted by writz
    I'm putting together simple slide show using a button that clicks to the next view. In 3DFA it works fine. But exported as a .swf file in Flash4 Player, the hot zone for the button is tiny and off to the side of the button icon. I've tried expanding the hot zone with a filled black rectangle in the hot zone button state, but there's no improvement. Ideas, anyone???? Thanks in anticipation.
    Never seen this problem, however I'd suspect flash4 player incompatibility is to blame.

You my try recentering the center spot for your button, but I gotta agree with Bret, sounds like an incompatibility with an older flash player.

-Jason

Yes, that sounds likely

Please upgrade your flash player - if you still experience the problem, submit the .movie file and a description of the bug to support@insanetools.com

Thanks