A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie resizing

Wink

Does anyone know if and how a movie can be resized?
    I want to make a menu button that when clicked on it expands (width & length).
    Thanks.

Use a layer, or move your elements, and keep your movie the same size(I think you'll find it alot simpler, and that it allows you more control). A basic idea can be seen here:

http://www.deadyeti.com/into3dfa/res...ndustrial.html

-Jason

Originally posted by ocabeza
    Does anyone know if and how a movie can be resized?
    I want to make a menu button that when clicked on it expands (width & length).
    Thanks.
    you can within the javascript of your html page. Resize it like you would an image. NOTE: I am refering to javascript as Dhtml in the webpage NOT javascript in 3dfa

(Untested, I'm pretty sure this is correct)

Thanks guys.
    Jason I really like what you did there. I'm not to familiar with layers, but I'll look at it as an option.

I did look around about doing it via javascript and I agree I might have to do it outside of the 3DFA movie.
    I'll have to find out how to change the width and height by calling function outside of the .swf file. Hmm... I'll take a stab at it.

Thanks.

another option

Thanks guys.
    Jason I really like what you did there. I'm not to familiar with layers, but I'll look at it as an option.

I did look around about doing it via javascript and I agree I might have to do it outside of the 3DFA movie.
    I'll have to find out how to change the width and height by calling function outside of the .swf file. Hmm... I'll take a stab at it.

Thanks.
    depending on what you are after you have other options using layers and Dhtml to move them and resize them.

Here's a menu that is hidden off screen. In the button action I call the javascript code in the Dhtml to move the layer containing the actual movie

http://deadyeti.com/blanius/pulloutmenu.html

Smile perfect!!!

That is more of what I want to do. It looks like I'll have to figure out the javascript. Is it open source?
    Thanks.

Re: perfect!!!

That is more of what I want to do. It looks like I'll have to figure out the javascript. Is it open source?
    Thanks.
    I did it with Dreamweaver, VERY easy to do if you have something like it. (of course you can "view" the source of a page and maybe figure it out....

Or send me the movie file and the html file you want it put into.