dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Criticisms and Feedback Welcome

Hi groupies,

I've been developing my site using nothing but 3DFA.

It's not 100% ready and probably never will be (there's always something to tweak/add/change ).

The link is http://www.flash-fx.com

I don't have a feedback form for it yet but that's on the way.

Feel free to make any comments or suggestions.

Cheers,
    Ed

Smile Excellent Subject

Nice!!

Law of Universal gravitation, Menus with Elements that float excellent! I like much the combination between the speed,rotation and change of size of the objects.
    It's an excellent idea. very dinamyc and very original. Congratulations!! Kusco

GOOD SITE!!!
    Joseph

I think it rocks, like Joseph said, it's very original. The motion on the star field(clones I assume??) is fantastic, as well as the menu's.

I wish I had half your knowlede of coding.

I notice the stars now fade out towards the blue , Nice effect.

-Jason

Thanks MrJoseph and Jason for your comments.

Thanks again to Jason for his suggestion on making the stars fade out around the edges. This does make a huge difference.

The scrolling text is not quite original. I ripped that off a movie once .... what was that movie called ....

I find that the opening page tends to run a little slow but not unbearable. I'm thinking about changing the music on the About button to something a little less monotonous (what a word )

MrJoseph, do you have a web page that I can add to my links page?

Jason, you will get there with the coding! and yes, I'm using clones for the Stars.

I will be posting the code for all of the effects in my site. The point of my site is to freely give this out. Use it in your own movies, commercially or not. I'm about knowledge, effects and making 3DFA more popular.

I'm more than happy to help out where I can. If anyone would like me to expand on any of the programming then I'm happy to do so.

Anyway, I'm going to get off my soap box now ...

Cheers,
    Ed

forgot to add ... again,

Jason,

I wish I had half your knowledge of lighting, shading and effects. Perhaps a trade can be reached between us?

Ed.

Originally posted by kusco
    I will be posting the code for all of the effects in my site. The point of my site is to freely give this out. Use it in your own movies, commercially or not. I'm about knowledge, effects and making 3DFA more popular.

I'm more than happy to help out where I can. If anyone would like me to expand on any of the programming then I'm happy to do so.
    I like this guy!

We need to link to him from Into3da ASAP.

Originally posted by blanius

We need to link to him from Into3da ASAP.
    ...........already on my list of thing's to do.

-Jason

Re: forgot to add ... again,

Jason,

I wish I had half your knowledge of lighting, shading and effects. Perhaps a trade can be reached between us?

Ed.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds interesting.........

What I'd really like to do though(and I think you suggested this already), is get a community project going where everyone can trade ideas and skills. I think it would be a good way to learn things as well as come up with a great game/animation/etc., maybe a pinball game or something similiar.

I'm all open to ideas........

-Jason

I agree

I believe a community project/s will help everyone to better understand the features that 3dfa has to offer.

I walked through an old movie theatre last Friday night and they had the old classic table top games like PacMan, Galaxian and Space Invaders.

Why not make one of these a project? It'll not only need to use Javascript but animation too! I'm not good with the graphics but I'd like very much to learn.

What'd ya'll think?

Cheers,
    Ed

Re: I agree

I believe a community project/s will help everyone to better understand the features that 3dfa has to offer.

I walked through an old movie theatre last Friday night and they had the old classic table top games like PacMan, Galaxian and Space Invaders.

Why not make one of these a project? It'll not only need to use Javascript but animation too! I'm not good with the graphics but I'd like very much to learn.

What'd ya'll think?

Cheers,
    Ed
    You guys know I'm in... It's nearly what Ed and I did on the breakout game.

Mighty impressed, guys -

The site's great. love the 'star wars' scrolling effect! and the starfield is terrific. would it take much to make its 'centrepoint' movable with the mouse (ie. like you are 'navigating' thru it ? love it tho!
    look forward to seeing the other sections, and linking the site to insanetools.com

The community project idea is a great thing, too - you have our complete support - we'll be contributing regularly.

Thanks everyone - the forum's really taking off!

Regards

Hi dkerr,

Thanks for the feedback. The starswars text effect took more than a couple of hours to work out. I just couldn't get the look right until I made a stronger cup of coffee!

There's very little effort involved in making the starfield follow the mouse. In fact, it was one of the next things in my list of things to do.

I'm also investigating an alternative method to animating the starfield to help improve upon it's performance on a system.

Cheers,
    Ed