dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with stuff

Problem with stuff

Hi and Help,
    I am have a strange thing happen with my buttons. If a person clicks on a button it works fine but if they click on the same button a second time it sends them to a different frame and if just for the heck of it they click on the same button a third time it brings them back to the correct frame. Why would it send you to a different place just because you hit the button a second time?
    Thanks for any info and help.
    If you want to see it happen go to http://www.systemcolor.net
    The action script for each button is like this just with different frame numbers for each button
    on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay (4);
    }

Are you useing flash mx?
    There are some issues with the gotoandplay method, brutfood started a thread about it in here somewhere.

I am still using Flash 5
    I will try and find that thread but if there is any other info I can get that would be great.
    Thanks

it's not a flash 5 problem (unless you've got the 6 player), post the code in all the relevant frames.

There are a total of 15 frames in the movie and the buttons are across all frames. I have the key frame in frame 1 and then i just added frames so it is gray through the 15th frame. The code is the same for each button but it just directs it to a different frame.
    they go to frames 6, 4, 8, 5, 3, 10, 15 and
    on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay (12);
    }

i'm not sure i've quite got the gist of your question, but maybe you should be using gotoAndStop instead of gotoAndPlay? Either that or put stop actions in each frame that the playhead gets sent to by a button.

I do have a stop in each of those frames but I just went back and changed the gotoandplay to gotoandstop on each button and that seemed to take care of the problem.
    Thank you very much! :-)