A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE CONFIRM ( X - PLATFORM )

resolved

A comment was made in my previous post and I would like confirmation, as I cant believe my good fortune!

---
    "publish as a projector you are publishing your movie with the flash player built in"
    ---

I am going to publish a presentation as a projector.

I take it that means no software is required, for either a pc or macintosh user (no html).

That taken, if I create a hybrid autorun cd (from my mac, as detailed in this site's Macintosh Help FAQ)...

A pc or mac user should be able to view my presentation with no download required.

Correct?!

that's right.

not that i want to offend, but
    why don't you read the manual ? it's all in there.
    why don't you just try it?
    why don't you learn flash b4 doing any jobs?

resolved HMMM - MIRROR

"not that i want to offend, but"
    One ignorant question would be offensive - three are funny! Im new to Flash - whats your excuse?!

"why don't you read the manual ? it's all in there"
    Why dont you ask me if I have a manual?! I would love to read it all in there!

"why don't you just try it?"
    Why don't you just ask me if I have?! Youd have saved about two dozen key strokes!

"why don't you learn flash b4 doing any jobs?"
    How peculiar that you should tell me to learn, when I have been asking questions! Is that not the normal way to learn?!

Id appreciate some useful feedback, and some answers, not unhelpful criticism!

---

Originally posted by me2222
    that's right.

not that i want to offend, but
    why don't you read the manual ? it's all in there.
    why don't you just try it?
    why don't you learn flash b4 doing any jobs?

me2222's point is;
    a) Everthing you have asked me is in the manual.
    b) It's also all over this website, use the search function.
    c) I wrote the FAQ for the same reason.

Neither of us mean to offend, but we do get asked these same questions day in day out, and the answer is normally easily available.

NO ARGUMENT?!

"Everthing you have asked me is in the manual"
    You presuppose I have a manual! It would be fine if you I did, to say what you and he have, but I do not! It would perhaps be quite a bit more prudent to ask if I have!

"all over this website, use the search function"
    A number of things are all over the website! I have time to check responses to my questions but very little else, beyond tutorials! For a search on "random" for example, I do not want to troll through the list! Its different dependant on where I search. The idea that it is all over makes it easier is simply not true! It is perhaps that that makes it harder!

"Neither of us mean to offend"
    Then you neednt reply at all! Allow someone who does not have a problem to do so!

"normally easily available"
    Indeed it is, but you also assume that everyones circumstance is normal! You shouldnt!

There simply is no argument! Like someone who has a problem with offensive tv - change the channel or turn it off! Nobody is asking you to respond and, by doing so, you have wasted even more of your time than you would otherwise have done!

You want to help?! Ill welcome it?! You dont?! Go bother someone else!

----

Originally posted by SJT
    me2222's point is;
    a) Everthing you have asked me is in the manual.
    b) It's also all over this website, use the search function.
    c) I wrote the FAQ for the same reason.

Neither of us mean to offend, but we do get asked these same questions day in day out, and the answer is normally easily available.

What???

Don't you think you are overreacting just a little?
    You are getting angry with us for giving you help...

If you have Flash installed, you have the manual, go to the Help menu, choose Using Flash or press F1.

If you bought Flash boxed and new, as most people do, the manual comes with it, is this not a reasonable assumption?
    If you bought Flash second hand, would you not expect the previous owner to include the manual?

If you can get to this website and post messages, then why can you not also search it?
    A simple search with terms such as "standalone", "autorun", "cd", "projector", "application".
    Even browsing the names of the different forums would have revealed "Standalone and Applications".

The point of our replies was to save YOU time, if you had searched the site or read the manual you would not have had to post and then wait for a reply.
    Don't assume that your problem is unique and that no-one has come across it before, they have and the answer has been submitted before.
    Both myself and me2222 replied with polite pointers to other, quicker, sources for the information, and all you could do was lambast us with your complaints as to why we shouldn't point you in the direction of these sources of information.

Have a nice day, i hope you find the information you are looking for, don't hesitate to post again if you need more help.

everybody cool down now, be quiet, don't move, shut down PC's, smile, go sleep...

I'm cool my friend, i'm cool

resolved endless?

"overreacting just a little"
    You are the one responding! You made the first unhelpful response and continue!

"you have the manual"
    Actually I do not, which is why I said I do not (strange, huh?)!

"not that i want to offend, but"
    That statement usually means you will soon be! Have you never realised that?!

Ok... one at a time. From your first message:
    "why don't you"
    "why don't you"
    "why don't you"
    I have a better idea! Why don't you just answer?!

"we do get asked these same questions day in day out"
    If it is a problem for you, dont come to the site! Newbies do tend to ask questions!

"If you bought Flash"
    If indeed. Rather than waste your time on assumption, how about asking where I got it?!

"why can you not also search it?"
    Along those lines, why can you not also answer?!

"would not have had to post and then wait for a reply"
    That is a problem?! I find it a lot faster to get on with something else, in the meantime!

"Don't assume that your problem is unique"
    Don't assume that I am assuming! FAQs are there but are not all encompassing!

"all you could do was lambast us"
    My question was, based on an assumption made, "Correct?!" You had answered "that's right." That is helpful. What is not helpful is to carry on with "why don't you learn".

Why do I not learn?! That is the whole point of asking a question! Far from being helpful, you asked me the questions when giving me the answers would have been more so!

Did you think I had not already searched?! I prefer to do more than one thing at a time!

You will probably retread your arguments that you were meaning to help, by pointing out the information but that assumes I had not already done what you suggest! When someone asks a question, it is to get an answer! If you can't or won't you can also have a nice day and pass by!

"don't hesitate to post again if you need more help"
    I wasnt planning to, but thanks for the words! Dont hesitate to answer questions either!

---

Originally posted by SJT
    Don't you think you are overreacting just a little?
    You are getting angry with us for giving you help...

If you have Flash installed, you have the manual, go to the Help menu, choose Using Flash or press F1.

If you bought Flash boxed and new, as most people do, the manual comes with it, is this not a reasonable assumption?
    If you bought Flash second hand, would you not expect the previous owner to include the manual?

If you can get to this website and post messages, then why can you not also search it?
    A simple search with terms such as "standalone", "autorun", "cd", "projector", "application".
    Even browsing the names of the different forums would have revealed "Standalone and Applications".

The point of our replies was to save YOU time, if you had searched the site or read the manual you would not have had to post and then wait for a reply.
    Don't assume that your problem is unique and that no-one has come across it before, they have and the answer has been submitted before.
    Both myself and me2222 replied with polite pointers to other, quicker, sources for the information, and all you could do was lambast us with your complaints as to why we shouldn't point you in the direction of these sources of information.

Have a nice day, i hope you find the information you are looking for, don't hesitate to post again if you need more help.

ok, mr john (amgine).
    1. as you can remember i gave you helpful answers to some of your threads.
    2. i even replied to an email you sent me.
    3. you've sent me another (not requested) email with a swf and a fla file of your game with the (not very polite) request to help you for the scripting. the fla file was broken, so i trashed it (i sometimes have to work, most times i learn ).
    4. if you are a newbie to flash, i give you the simple advice to start with simple things. not with complex flash games, not with creating cross-platform flash and cd's and also not with creating guestbooks in flash (you remember your question in the email?)
    5. i don't understand what your problem is, seems that you have a lot of time to write, but not to learn.
    i don't even get some of your points, but this could be because i am german and not native english.
    6. if you don't have a manual try to get one... reading about how something works is the normal way to learn about it (or am i wrong?)
    if you buy a mashine and the manual is missing, do you call the service for every question that may come to you, or do you ask them to send you the f*** manual?
    7. i don't care where you got your copy of flash from, if it is warez it is your problem.
    8. that you prefer to do more than one thing at one time is pretty cool. i can't do that!
    9. blablabla
    10. and finally, this is my last reply to that thread.

some more questions:
    where do you have your copy of flash from?
    why shouldn't i assume that you are assuming?
    how many characters does this message have?
    what's the meaning of life?

ok, mr john (amgine).
    Ditto

resolved a good thing

"as you can remember i gave you helpful answers"
    I do not remember any that prompted more than an obligatory thankyou!

"i even replied to an email you sent me"
    That is what should happen! It is not a selling point or chip to argue with!

"request to help you for the scripting"
    As I have come to expect, there was no reply!

"i give you the simple advice to start with simple things"
    That is the way you might choose to live but I would prefer to advance as far and as fast as I can! Thanks to people who have answered, details aside, I can now do those!

"seems that you have a lot of time to write"
    I have very little time to write but, as a matter of principle, I will always answer!

"i am german"
    Oh yes, now I remember! I wonder

"reading about how something works"
    Yes you are wrong! People who cant read are perfectly capable of learning! Indeed reading is a good way, and one I support, but asking questions is more natural!

"i don't care where you got your copy of flash from"
    Then I expect no further assumptions, based on its origin!

"i can't do that"
    Do not then, please, apply your methods and rules and thoughts to other people! If you do not understand why someone does something, ask!

"where do you have your copy of flash from?"
    My copy of Flash comes from a magazine, not specific to designers and with little help on it! From there, I can look on the internet and check the onboard help, which I have done. From there, it is logical to ask a question if you can't (or do not have the time to) find the answer!

"why shouldn't i assume that you are assuming?"
    You shouldnt assume anything!

"how many characters does this message have?"
    Who cares?! You will not reply, which will save us both some time... the original point anyway!

"what's the meaning of life?"
    If you can answer, please do so! If you cant or do not want to, you can skip it! To ask the to look is to waste the time it took to type!

---

ok, mr john (amgine).
    3. you've sent me another (not requested) email with a swf and a fla file of your game with the (not very polite) request to help you for the scripting. the fla file was broken, so i trashed it (i sometimes have to work, most times i learn ).
    4. if you are a newbie to flash, i give you the simple advice to start with simple things. not with complex flash games, not with creating cross-platform flash and cd's and also not with creating guestbooks in flash (you remember your question in the email?)
    5. i don't understand what your problem is, seems that you have a lot of time to write, but not to learn.
    i don't even get some of your points, but this could be because i am german and not native english.
    6. if you don't have a manual try to get one... reading about how something works is the normal way to learn about it (or am i wrong?)
    if you buy a mashine and the manual is missing, do you call the service for every question that may come to you, or do you ask them to send you the f*** manual?
    7. i don't care where you got your copy of flash from, if it is warez it is your problem.
    8. that you prefer to do more than one thing at one time is pretty cool. i can't do that!
    9. blablabla

some more questions:
    where do you have your copy of flash from?
    why shouldn't i assume that you are assuming?
    how many characters does this message have?
    what's the meaning of life?

resolved THANK GOODNESS

Thank goodness for that!

Originally posted by SJT
    ok, mr john (amgine).
    Ditto

Re: a good thing

Originally posted by amgine
    "i am german"
    can you explain please? i am not sure what you mean with that.

point

Nothing, other than to prove to yourself you seem to not be able to not respond!

If you say you are going to not respond, don't!

---

Originally posted by amgine
    "i am german"
    can you explain please? i am not sure what you mean with that.

It's just that i thought you have a problem with germans.
    explain!

But, amgine, i like those completly humorless nerds like you.
    You totally missed the point of my 1-10 reply.
    You even replied to the questions of it, i can't believe LOL!

BTW you should advance as fast as you can to flash mx. you can download a fully functional 30days trialversion at macromedia.
    i am sure that 30days are enough for you to MASTER it and to make your first 10000$ with it in the same time.
    LOL

now, this is my last reply.

have a nice time.

hey guys. play nice, or this thread will be closed.

no need for childish flame wars.

amgine, if you do not have the help file/manual, I think you need to contact Macromedia directly. If you can not, for reasons easily guessable, then I suggest that you purchase Flash, or download FlashMX trial.

good luck your endeavors. there are a lot of tutorials that will assist you here at FK.

hi gerbick, close it please!

I just thought about contacting a mod for doing so.

ciao
    m

resolved THANKS and QUESTION

"no need for childish flame wars"
    Indeed there isn't and I am glad you agree with me! Hopefully the other guy will honour his word and not respond but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you!

"you need to contact Macromedia directly"
    That's good advice but not immediately helpful!

"for reasons easily guessable"
    Actually you are also making assumptions!

"suggest that you purchase Flash"
    Have you had any information telling you I havent?!

"good luck your endeavors"
    Thanks very much for that one!

"a lot of tutorials that will assist you here at FK"
    Thanks very much for that but sometimes I push farther than I know how and, until I can catch up, I find the words of others to be more helpful! I guess some people find that hard to deal with!

Ive never had this trouble elsewhere!

One more thing! Which forum would you suggest for this particular problem:

I have quite a few "if" checks in game I have made, many embedded within each other. I am sure they can be replaced but do not yet know how! Can I post it for people to make suggestions on?!

Thanks!

---

Originally posted by gerbick
    hey guys. play nice, or this thread will be closed.

no need for childish flame wars.

amgine, if you do not have the help file/manual, I think you need to contact Macromedia directly. If you can not, for reasons easily guessable, then I suggest that you purchase Flash, or download FlashMX trial.

good luck your endeavors. there are a lot of tutorials that will assist you here at FK.

"It's just that i thought"
    You thought incorrectly!

"humorless nerds"
    Nerds?! How much time or effort must you put in, to become part of the "Board Crew"?!

"You totally missed"
    You are totally wrong! If you read the message, you will see I've quoted your message!

"make your first 10000"
    As I am using it to help a presentation for a small 5000 job, Im half there in 6 days!

"LOL"
    You said "lol" and yet you accuse ME of being nerdy! That IS quite funny!

"now, this is my last reply"
    I'll believe that when I do not see it, but I hope it is!

Oh whoops... I just noticed you have already made another post! Its amazing how quickly your views change!

Stop wasting my time, your time and the moderators time!

I asked a question and have had many answers from many other people! You are the only one not to give an answer! If you feel the urge not to answer, please pass by and not leave useless comments! It makes the site unpleasant and hostile for newbies!

"have a nice time"
    I always was, thankyou! For what it is worth, you too... though Im sure you wont be able to help yourself and will reply to this anyway!

Bye!

---

It's just that i thought you have a problem with germans.
    explain!

But, amgine, i like those completly humorless nerds like you.
    You totally missed the point of my 1-10 reply.
    You even replied to the questions of it, i can't believe LOL!

BTW you should advance as fast as you can to flash mx. you can download a fully functional 30days trialversion at macromedia.
    i am sure that 30days are enough for you to MASTER it and to make your first 10000$ with it in the same time.
    LOL

now, this is my last reply.

have a nice time.