A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help!!!! I am running out of time!!!!!

I have this background music that plays and i am loading that using the

myMusic = new Sound();
    myMusic.attachSound("Stur");
    myMusic.start(0, 1000);

option, and i start the music, now once the user clicks a buttons saying presentation, he goes into the section where the MPG movie starts

tellTarget ("/myMpgmovie") {
    gotoAndPlay("action");
    }

and i reduce the volume of the background music, like a fade effect every five frames using the s.setVolume(90)...till i use s.stop(),

then what happens is my MPG movie clips volume also cuts off, now how can i avoid that from happening, please help pls, i've been spending few days trying to figure it out using all other methods, still, i've not come out with better solution.

regards

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    whick of your sounds id the s? If you bgsound is myMusic then you should set the volume of that sound. I am probably not helping you, couse u probably just wrote the wrong sound. Damn Im sorry, whats the use...at least this gave me 100 post, whatever that is good for.

sorry, wrong information given.......

Originally posted by cosmiceye
    whick of your sounds id the s? If you bgsound is myMusic then you should set the volume of that sound. I am probably not helping you, couse u probably just wrote the wrong sound. Damn Im sorry, whats the use...at least this gave me 100 post, whatever that is good for.

herewith the code, but still, the movie sound goes off with setvolume("0")

myMusic.setVolume("0");

wht's wrong?

i'd make the change to set the volume from beginning. still, the sound cut off when it reach the time line of myMusic.setVolume("0"), i think the setvolume stuff make the global sound go off. any idea to remain the fade effect and set the mpg movie volume to 100?(my mpg movie come with its own sound.)

myMusic = new Sound(this);
    myMusic.attachSound("Stur");
    myMusic.setVolume("100");
    myMusic.start(0, 1000);

your great help would be appreciated.