A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: *** Awards Night...Software advice needed! ***

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    Basically I get to organize a high school awards ceremony. This year we're looking towards having a projector and a screen to spic up the ceremony. Now we were hoping to have the names of the winners come up on the screen as they come up and maybe have some short of video clips.

There are probably around 300 or more award recipents, so what program do you think it'd be easiest to use to get the names showing up on the screen as they come up?

Preferably I wouldn't have to retype the names individually; I do have all the names in a .doc

(I do have access to almost all the leading industry programs at this school)

Also do you have any other ideas to spice up this ceremoney? In the past years it's been pretty boring. All comments welcome!

Thanks in advace.

Director probably. You might be able to do it with flash.

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    or make it simple. do it in powerpoint. if you are any good with this software, you will do great.

in my H.O. powerpoint is the most underestimated piece of software done by MS.

Stick In The Mud
    Originally posted by OddDog
    or make it simple. do it in powerpoint. if you are any good with this software, you will do great.

in my H.O. powerpoint is the most underestimated piece of software done by MS.
    I agree, powerpoint would definitely be the best choice... All you'd have to do is load up the word doc in powerpoint, make sure each one is one a separate slide, add a funky background and bob's your uncle...

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    !!! That's excatly what program I was thinking of using! GREAT THANKS!

Oh, one question....can you play video clips in PP? (I think you can...you can right?)

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    yes you can !!

i used PP a lot before, then became a director junky. but PP will do the job great for you.