dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ladie and gentle men, boys and girls of all ages, Without further ado, I introduce...

Okay so maybe I'm being a little dramatic

I finaly Have something done with my site!!!!!!
    As you can see the different sections are not up yet

And for those of you on 56k... something is wrong with the second preloader... IT STILL LOADS, but if it looks like it froze up FEAR NOT! just wait a sec and it will apear...I promise (those of you with broadban will not even notice)

I feel it has a decent amount of originality w/ a good dose of familiarity in the mix.

____EVERYONE____ Please let me know what you think!

THANX
    http://www.ptacnik.com

[Edited by ptacnik on 05-22-2002 at 12:19 AM]

nice but very blunt, i mean theres so much of that green u can get sick of it pretty quickly: image green overlay..background green.. even some of the text is green.. or just black..
    the home image can be of higher quality
    menu is nice but description appears a the top right?! thats too far...
    and its again green.......
    put another colour in pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease
    keep it up

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    The enter button is bringing me to a 404 error.

Okay everything is fixed... loader should work and everything (you got the 404 because I was in the middle of uploading/deleting files) its all there now

EVERYONE PLEASE REPLY

thanx

so far so good

I think it all looks real good so far. Very OSX like, with the buttons on the bottom. I like everything except for the top. There is just too much white on the top bar and it tends to pull your eyes away from the main content. I would probably try to add some kind of color to the top area so it dulls it down a bit.

not bad not bad, i would like to see it when more content is added, as that may significantly change your site. everytime i see a site like this with a complete design but no content, im reminded of those geocities homepage builders, you know, where you pick the 'look' of your site, and then it has sections like [put information about yourself here] and [add some of your favorite links here].

i like what you did with the sounds at the bottom of the page, splitting them up so that the left icons have sounds on the left channel and the right icons go to the right channel. they seem a bit lonely though, you might want to add some more background sounds and ambient noise, cause now it's like you go through your whole site and it's completely quiet and all of a sudden, 'whoa, these six buttons have sounds, where did that come from?' and of course, having any sounds, you should give the user the option of turning them off.

(one final thought, the whole feel of the site seems very jordanesque, i don't even want to mention the name of the site that this reminds me of, as other flashkitters may beat me with a stick.)

very nice and clean though, keep us updated as you add more to it.

looks really good other than its not done.
    easy navigation, nic3e colors, appealing design.
    i liked the image on the main page too. i didnt see anything wrong with it.
    The recycle bin thing is cool too. ive never seen a section on a site like that. very creative.

please check mine
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=316023

ok, lets see...
    in an earlier thread i said something about personal style and "jordan", you remember?
    it's still my opinion, but only for the splash screen and the kind of animations you use.

don't like the monitor to the right on the splash, it looks somehow unfriendly, too grey

on the splash u use pixelfonts, but on your mainpage the fonts are all very blurry, except for the menu font.
    look at the "beta..." text or the "back" button, that looks very bad.

why is there a second way to access the menu next to the back button? there's no need and it also doesn't work right, its hard to hit the right button.

as said b4, some colors were nice, you could also use some colors on the menu symbols (they are nice, it's the best thing on your site)

ciao
    markus

Originally posted by me2222
    ok, lets see...
    in an earlier thread i said something about personal style and "jordan", you remember?
    it's still my opinion, but only for the splash screen and the kind of animations you use.

don't like the monitor to the right on the splash, it looks somehow unfriendly, too grey

on the splash u use pixelfonts, but on your mainpage the fonts are all very blurry, except for the menu font.
    look at the "beta..." text or the "back" button, that looks very bad.

why is there a second way to access the menu next to the back button? there's no need and it also doesn't work right, its hard to hit the right button.

as said b4, some colors were nice, you could also use some colors on the menu symbols (they are nice, it's the best thing on your site)

ciao
    markus
    the "extra" buttons near the back button was an accident, It will of course be removed, the back button is off a little thats why its a little blurry

as far as I'm concerned the site looks nothing like jordans, he doesn't use green, doesn't use pixel fonts, doesnt use icons instead of buttons, and ALOT of people load content in the middle(thats the only simularity to 2a)

All the submenus will use pixel fonts, I like pixel fonts alot more than standard fonts

I see what your sayin' about the grey part on the moniter, never really noticed it stood out that much

oh... and anyone else who replys, could you post your sceen res and connection speed, would be helpful

thanx for all your replys

Smile Very Nice

I am just looking through the sites, trying to figure out some new techniques and things, and I saw this.. This is very well designed. I liked the color scheme, the graphics, everything about it.

Oh Btw Im on 1024x768 and 56k, it loaded very quickly even on this piece of crap 56k..

Very Nice Job

psi

Very Creative

I thought this site showed alot of imagination and creativity. I'm not sure how 2a was brought into this, because when I saw this site, 2a was the last thing on my mind.

The icons looked great, as well as the main image.

Can't wait to see the finished page, keep up the good work.

1024by768 56k 1700+AMD XP

i love it, im in the process of drawing out plans for a new site and this is just what i had in mind... its perfect, i love it. when you add all the content email me tdawg217@hotmail.com

Wow! you have a good future ahead of you. I like it alot.

Check my thread too if you can. Its a animated logo for a client. http://www.soundblade.com/html/animatedlogo.html