A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: INTERFACE- lack of ideas

Hi. I am working on a beauty&health website for teenage girls in Brazil. Its not a commercial site, its just an idea that I had when I realized that I couldnt find useful information (in Portuguese) for girls of my age pretty much ANYWHERE. Everything was going right till I got stuck with something: the interface. I wanted the site to look cool, funny, colorful, flashy...but I also need to add a considerable amount of information to it, so it has to be organized in a way that the visitors dont get totally lost...I cant seem to get my head to think of something that fits both of my needs. I really, really need some ideas. If you thing of anything please contact me. Thanks.

ej,

how about some nice fresh navigation made in flash,
    and have the rest of your content loaded in a sepatate frame
    as html. should work fine !

alltho, another way is to load every single section into your
    flashmovie as a seperate swf. this will keep loading times
    fast and have all the info you would need on your site
    in no time.

but when you really get stuck in navigation features try some
    sites as linkdup to get more inspiration.

it's not a thing to copy but just get your mind clean for your own design

Thanks for the reply. The idea of working with html gives me the creeps, childhood trauma I guess, so I am taking the second sugestion...plus I wouldnt want my website to be like one described by Jeremy Riga in his tutorial..."ZOOM! A new browser window! A new FULL SIZE browser window. A new full size browser window that didn't even look like it was the same people that created this SWF movie. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even in the SWF file anymore. This was a completely separate HTML page. Where is my Flash? Where is the sound?"...I love Flash so much...God bless it...
    <hugs>