A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic Streaming mp3

I am use the following ActionScript:

s = new Sound();
    s.setVolume(100);
    s.loadSound("http://24.202.41.138:8000/", true);

This code works in the standalone Flash player and starts playing the sound. But it doesn't work in a browser...

any Sugestions?

.jaeSin->

RE streamin

O Yeah, I forgot to mention.. my flash file isn't on the same domain as the mp3. should this effect anything?

.jaeSin->

Actkid

Re: RE streamin

For security reasons now you cant load the file that outside of the domain even this kind of security not only for file to load but also some scripts that connect the database outside of domian wont work in flash mx.

I am having the same problem except my MP3's are in the same directory as the .swf. her is the code I am using.

on (release) {
    stopAllSounds();
    file = "Wicker.mp3";
    mySound = new Sound();
    mySound.loadSound(file, true);
    }

What could it be?

Thanks,
    Attila....You can see the site I am refering to here.
    http://coresigns.com/

I am making this site for another squad.
    Thanks,
    Attila

Limitation

This seems severly limiting to flash... There has to be some kind of workaround to this...
    How could flash be taken seriously as a web aplication interface development tool if It can't even access data across multiple domains while in a web browser...

Does anyone know of a workaround for this...

does anyone know what is this limitation is supposed to be securing?

.jaeSin->

@Sawchuk: Would be nice if there was a document.write function like there is in JS, but I don't recall one being in Flash.

@jaeSin: There are work arounds mentioned on the Macromedia.com/support website. It says you can use server-side files, such as ColdFusion/PHP/ASP/JSP to "re-route" info.

NerdInsider

OK above my head....How do you do teh streaming thing LOL!

Thansk,
    Attila

That is really lame...
    macRoMedia says:

"The security features documented in this TechNote were added to the Flash Player at the request of developers. These enhanced security features were added after consulting industry experts, to address potential issues with data transfer to and from Flash movies."

how freakin' limiting. If you use a script to proxy the streaming audio it would be too much work and bandwidth for your server. You have to set up a subdomain for each element you want to access...

That is wack...

.jaeSin->

@jaeSin: You prove the point Macromedia is making by not letting you stream across domains... IT USES THERE BANDWIDTH INSTEAD OF YOURS.

@Sawchuk: I didn't give away to do the streaming thing. I just said I wish there was a function like document.write (which is JS code) in Flash.

There is nothing wrong with using bandwidth from another server if you have permission to do so...

.jaeSin->